The Black Team Loft !

Replies

• squishypop
    squishypop Posts: 33 Member
    Doing great! Off to do by 3rd workout for the week! Have done my 50 squats as well. Making salmon for dinner tonight and will post the recipe. Off to a great start!

I'm down almost 2 lbs from the day before. Crazy how weight can fluctuate from day to day. Hoping Sunday's weigh in is going to be a happy one :)))

Will be doing NROLFW this week for "something new".

How's everyone else doing?!
  • What is NROLFW??

I've never heard of that!
  • squishypop
    New rules of lifting for women. It's a weight lifting regimen for women. You should look it up, it's a good and easy read and a logical approach to lifting.
    What is NROLFW??

I've never heard of that!
  • How are my fellow black team getting on this windy wednesday?x
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Hey Hey Black Team !!
    My mid week check in For week 1 this is what I got so far:
    Well first of all let me start by saying I had a low weight loss last week (.7lb) cause I was off from work for 4 days and I realized my TDEE went down big time . I have another 4 days off this week ,so I decided to do two a days this week to make up the difference.
    Monday : Step Class 1 hr cardio - C25k at JD track 1/2 hr Cardio
    Tuesday: Strength Training (total body) + 1/2 cardio on the Elliptical - 3 Mile walk 1 hr cardio
    I did my something new I have always wanted to do a Body Pump class at the gym but always felt a little intimidated so i ordered the Les Mils Pump from Beach Body a long time ago but never really did it.So I decided to give it a try today. Even though it was only 1/2 long it was very intense!!
    Wednesday : Body Pump + 50 squats - Step Class 1 hr cardio
    Now I am not a huge fan of fish... Lobster ,Crab Legs I can eat all day but I cant stand fresh fish. I can tolerate Tuna so for lunch I had a tuna fish sandwich I hope that counts for the fish challenge. I do plan on going out for Sushi on Friday so I can get my second fish day in.
    Well that's it for now check you out later....

exercise.png
  • squishypop
    I'm down 1 lb from last week yea!

I've done 3 workouts already this week. Sore throat today so I didn't work out cause I didn't want to aggrevate it. Done 100 squats, so going for the 350 by end of week. Had two fish meals already yum! And submitted my recipe. I probably won't get the extra extra lbs, but I'll get the main ones! Go team!!!
  • Well done everyone!!

How are y'all getting on with the challenges?

x
  • squishypop
    Hey Captain, when do you need our weigh ins each week? Monday morning, north american time?
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Hello and good morning black team!

How are you all getting on? I had a bad day yesterday and literally went home and slept after work leaving my lovely hubby to deal with the kids by himself.

Today the sun is shining and I have a long powerwalk/run planned for this evening plus hoping to get all my squats done by tomorrow.

I had a really nice snack on Monday - oatcakes with a tiny bit of light philadelphia spread on top and then topped with honey roast salmon. Took a photo and will try and post it to the challenge page later.

Hope you all have a good Friday

Jen x
  • kendallsauntie
    kendallsauntie Posts: 101 Member
    Hey Captain, when do you need our weigh ins each week? Monday morning, north american time?

I'm going to send out a reminder about weigh in when I get home from my personal training session later this morning. If I could get everyone's information by Sunday evening that would be awesome. Have a VERY busy day planned on Monday and want to get the info sent on/filled in before things get to crazy.
  • kendallsauntie
    kendallsauntie Posts: 101 Member
    Don't think I'll get an official rest day this week. I'm craving activity!

Got in my "something new" in yesterday. After I got fit for my new running shoes I ran outside in the nice sunny weather for about a quarter mile. I'm usually a treadmill runner but I'm going to ease into more outside running, even if I have to do it a quarter mile at a time ;)
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    so far:

i've gotten in half of the cardio/strength time - did workout class on monday & today (friday) for over an hour each day. planning on doing some cardio walking saturday & sunday as long as weather stays decent.

i've done 140 squats

and planning on having fish for dinner tonight (& then another dinner of some type of fish on saturday or sunday)

i also set a personal goal to drink 100 ounces of water a day - have drunk over that every day except monday when i only did 80 ounces... so i feel good about that.

i'm really struggling with getting into this challenge & hope it's just that i'm a little slow getting started this time around... not sure what else it could be except i've had a lot of stress in my life these past weeks and just having challenges motivating or even remembering that i'm supposed to be doing exercises/challenges.
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Hey Hey Black Team !!
    My mid week check in For week 1 this is what I got so far:
    Well first of all let me start by saying I had a low weight loss last week (.7lb) cause I was off from work for 4 days and I realized my TDEE went down big time . I have another 4 days off this week ,so I decided to do two a days this week to make up the difference.
    Monday : Step Class 1 hr cardio - C25k at JD track 1/2 hr Cardio
    Tuesday: Strength Training (total body) + 1/2 cardio on the Elliptical + 100 squats - 3 Mile walk 1 hr cardio
    I did my something new I have always wanted to do a Body Pump class at the gym but always felt a little intimidated so i ordered the Les Mils Pump from Beach Body a long time ago but never really did it.So I decided to give it a try today. Even though it was only 1/2 long it was very intense!!
    Wednesday : Body Pump + 50 squats - Step Class 1 hr cardio
    Now I am not a huge fan of fish... Lobster ,Crab Legs I can eat all day but I cant stand fresh fish. I can tolerate Tuna so for lunch I had a tuna fish sandwich I hope that counts for the fish challenge. I do plan on going out for Sushi on Friday so I can get my second fish day in.
    Well that's it for now check you out later....

exercise.png

Here's my update:
    Thursday : Step Class 1hr Cardio + 50 squats
    Friday : Rest Day I had sushi for dinner Rainbow Roll thats salmon and tuna believe me I doused them things witha ton of soy sauce to get them down !!
    Saturday : Step Class in the morning 1hr cardio + 50 squats - Elliptical Machine in the evening 1hr cardio +50 squats
    I think thats only 300 squats I'll try to get 50 more in while I'm at work tonight.!!
    I think thats about it.
    Question dose the new week start on Sunday or Monday??
  • squishypop
    How's everyone doing at this weigh in?! Last week was such a bust for me, i'm glad it didn't count haha. But I'm kickin' *kitten* this week and hope to keep it up! Go team!
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    I AM THE WEAKEST LINK THIS WEEK! I have been sick all week and slept quite a bit of it. I gained a bit of weight, only managed to ride the stationary bike for 1 hour and 20 for the entire week and did only 60 squats. The only thing I have done well this week is drink water. I ate fish sticks one day. I did have shrimp a couple of times. I'm still not feeling well so I can only hope to do better next week.
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    so far:

i've gotten in half of the cardio/strength time - did workout class on monday & today (friday) for over an hour each day. planning on doing some cardio walking saturday & sunday as long as weather stays decent.

i've done 140 squats

and planning on having fish for dinner tonight (& then another dinner of some type of fish on saturday or sunday)

i also set a personal goal to drink 100 ounces of water a day - have drunk over that every day except monday when i only did 80 ounces... so i feel good about that.

i'm really struggling with getting into this challenge & hope it's just that i'm a little slow getting started this time around... not sure what else it could be except i've had a lot of stress in my life these past weeks and just having challenges motivating or even remembering that i'm supposed to be doing exercises/challenges.

i finished the 4 days of exercise
    i went for a hike which felt great
    i only did 200 squats - my legs were so sore that was all i could handle
    i ate fish twice this week
    i didn't post a recipe

i did get in my personal goal of 100 ou of water each day - except for monday, as noted above

pj - hope you're feeling better & sad you were ill all week.
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Hi lovelies,

Wow what a commitment from all of you !!! I am so pleased with your efforts I hope you will like this week's challenges .

This is our second week challenge !!!! Have fun and get healthy!

There is lbs reward for each part of this challenge

max 7 lbs

Exercise
    1. 4 days out of 7 of 30-45 min cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best!

sessions of jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer or treadmill,Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, DVD , Gym etc.
    (moderate cleaning doesn't count ;) !!! )

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed to do at least 4 sessions!!!

2. Try something new or something you didn't do for a while - independent exercise of your choice for 30 min session at least!!! I know its getting harder to come up with something new :-)) ... so don't worry too much it can be anything interesting unusual - special you would like to share :-))

If you lack inspiration, you can try swimming, clubbing (DANCING!!!), another class at your local gym, or that new DVD , take tennis rackets and go play tennis with kids in park ... or football ... I found out trampoline extremely hard in 0 challenge :-) and since I went to work last week I repeated it 2x and love it :-))

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed

so this week we will concentrate on abs!!! And main challenge Bicycle Crunch.

How to Properly do a Bicycle Crunch
    Lie on your back on a mat with knees bent, feet on the floor, and hands behind your head (don’t clasp your fingers). Press your lower back into the mat and tighten your ab muscles as you lift your head, shoulders, and upper back off the floor and simultaneously move your right elbow and left knee toward each other while straightening your right leg (don’t let it touch the ground).

Draw your right knee back up and immediately move your left elbow and right knee toward each other while straightening your left leg; that’s one rep. Continue to move continuously, as if pedaling a bicycle. Do 3 sets of 15 reps 3 times a week. (so 135 )

2qdvcpy.png

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed 2 lbs for most Bicycle Crunches - BUT DON'T OVER DO IT!!!

<b> And we please keep doing squats - why to have abs to kill for without nice booty :-)</b>

so Best Butt Exercises For Women: Squats
    Squats are one of the best butt exercises you can do to build a nice round booty and sexy legs. Make sure you keep your abs tight, back straight, weight on heels, and sit your butt back. - there is only 140 to do - try to spread them in at least 3 days!! but of course if you can and want do more . (There is no advantage lbs for squats this week.)

4. Don't forget to take a day rest! Your body needs it.

5. For the WEEK 2 FOOD challenge, I thought we might still keep it BASIC ( I think we will always keep it basic ) ! Let's take this week to focus on breakfast and cooking - preparing breakfast - let other inspire you with their choices and recipes ! I know from looking into diaries - there is so many of you skipping it , but girls (as far as I know we don't have a man in our challenge) come on this is not good for us.

there is NO excuse girls and having 7x a week breakfast is the only way to get 1 lbs advantage (sorry there is only medical excuse not to have a breakfast - please let me know if you need exception)

Keep drinking water - even if it is not our topic!!! I hope you picked up some good tips. I hope you got inspired with fish recipes and will keep eating 2x a week fish or other meals that include omega-3 fatty acids as a highlight

cooking challenge
    Also, I will be doing Cooking Challenge for week 2. It will run from today april 29th - may 5th . I need the pictures and ingredients of 1 breakfast you were having this week for yourself . I will be judging on healthiness, calorie amount and presentation .

You must send picture + recipe here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/973760-cooking-challenge-for-week-2-breakfast The requirement this week is breakfast.

Best recipe will get 2 lbs advantage for week 3 weigh in and everyone who post picture will get 1lbs

To sum it
    4/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage
    1 session of something new - let us know what - 1lbs advantage
    135 Bicycle Crunches spread in 3 days - 1 lbs for the everyone who manage to do 135 Bicycle Crunches an extra 1 lbs for person with most squats
    7xbreakfast - 1 lbs advantage
    recipe - 1 lbs for everyone who post recipe extra 1 lbs for best recipe
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    How is everyone doing this week?
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    We have a winner amongst us! Congrats Squishypop!!
  • squishypop
    Thanks!! I was surprised, but couldn't do it without my team's support!

Let's try to keep top winner on our team huh?! WE CAN DO IT!! YAYA!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: