Sooooooooooooo

Options
Meghan0116
Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
I am single again. Boooo to me. Things were great with B for awhile and then they went downhill. I couldn't take it anymore so I ended the relationship. It lasted about 6 months. Since I broke up with him, he has been mean and nasty and now I am seeing the real guy under the pretty words. I feel stupid and naive. Now, there is a lot going on that I won't get into and it is just one big cluster f**k.

I am really not looking forward to starting over again. Ugh. And, I am crazy frisky because it has been a good while since we dtd and now I am single. TMI, I know. lol

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    If you broke up you shouldn't be talking to him, so he can't get mean or nasty to you! If you have things to settle (ie: your favorite sweatshirt is at his place) just text him, don't call!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm very sorry to hear that. However, better to know now than later.

And, two words.... Rebound Sex.
  • Happybunny37
    Happybunny37 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    sorry sweetie! Head up and don't look back!!!! love you!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Sorry lady :(

Take some time to recover however you want before looking for something real again. Have fun with yourself, treat yourself to a splurge on pinkcherry.come in the meantime ;)
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Break ups suck!! Take care of you and keep your head up!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that! It means you'll have more time to spend with us though!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Awwww sorry Megs... Just think of it as another stepping stone to the 'one!':flowerforyou:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Awwww sorry Megs... Just think of it as another stepping stone to the 'one!':flowerforyou:

Awe, I am sorry too! Sounds like you are lucky to find out sooner than later... things like this really show people's true colors.

I agree with Anna 100%, just one step closer to Mr. Right for you!
  • LaurenRosePR
    LaurenRosePR Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm very sorry to hear that. However, better to know now than later.

And, two words.... Rebound Sex.

hahahaha yes! Sorry to hear it as well... but I learned recently that you just have to know that you get to hang out with the coolest person in your life 100% of the time now...YOU. =]
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    oh that stinks. The last guy I broke up with, I NEVER saw his mean side until we broke up. Take the time to grieve the end, pamper and nurture yourself. You'll be back out there in no time.
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Take the time to grieve the end
    never this. . I would be happy. . .
    better than wasting a bunch of time . .a chance to find something better!
    pamper and nurture yourself.

^^^ Always do this, even if you aren't single . .
    if a guy can't handle you taking care of your needs . . .screw him . .
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Take the time to grieve the end
    never this. . I would be happy. . .
    better than wasting a bunch of time . .a chance to find something better!

Well whoop-dee-doo...good for you. Glad you're so enlightened.

Some people grieve the end of a relationship:

They grieve what they thought was good, they grieve the fact that they took so much time out for someone who turned out to be incompatible (even if they weren't a loser)

They grieve the fact that (yet again) another relationship isn't meant to be and the possibility that they might never find an suitable party.

They grieve the fact that someone they care about (or cared about before s/he started acting like a jerk) is now gone.

They grieve the person who started out so awesome has now revealed his/her jerky side and will never go back to being the way they presented themselves -the way that makes a person fall love with them when you first met.

They may even grieve the fact that they now have to re-enter the "dating world."

There's nothing abnormal or less enlightened about allowing yourself to feel the very real emotions that come with the end of a relationship (whether it's romantic, friendship, death of family/friends, etc). Personally, I think part of the reason we aren't happy with ourselves and sabotage future relationships is we don't take adequate time to allow ourselves feel sad about an important part of our life that has now changed. We don't allow ourselves a few minutes to say, "that hurt, it makes me sad." Instead, we run out in anger/frustration/etc to find a new man/woman because "the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else" and the cycle begins again.

Note: Not saying OP was on said cycle :flowerforyou:
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I know it's suxs! So sorry :flowerforyou:
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. :(

I also agree with giving yourself an opportunity to cry or whatever. It's part of the healing process. If you just run out and treat yourself (or TREAT YO SELF), you are probably ignoring the part of you that wants to "mourn." So, let it all out and then go do something special.

Also in that crying time you might realize why things happened or how to select better next time or find a good peace within yourself.

Focus on the positive and move forward. :)
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that! It means you'll have more time to spend with us though!
    YEAH! LOL! :)