12 mths straight finally!

Options
tyresank
tyresank Posts: 174 Member
Well ladies after 10 yrs in peri-menopause I finally went 12 mths without the dreaded menses as of end Feb 2013. I just hope it does not rear it's ugly head again, since I have been going 6'7'8 mths t a time without for the past few years! Yea!! Hot flashes still around, no sleep, and a piss poor memory still nagging me but..maybe that might change in time too.

Replies

• larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Hope I get there soon...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    So jealous!!!
    Awesome for you!
    Congrats!
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Nothing is worse than those surprise visits. :drinker:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    I'm not too thrilled with the "after 10 years in peri-menopause" part... :tongue:
  • joolson45
    joolson45 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    so jealous
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    10 years of peri??? OMG.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I didn't go that long. Only about eight years.
  • najlaamundson
    najlaamundson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is SUCH great news!

I was relieved to read someone else went through that too - I typically go 9 - 11 months and then BAM... Ugh. I just want to hit 12 months... The hot flashes and night sweats are making me crazy. Not to mention I have lost most of my brain cells.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Congratulations! That is SUCH great news!

I was relieved to read someone else went through that too - I typically go 9 - 11 months and then BAM... Ugh. I just want to hit 12 months... The hot flashes and night sweats are making me crazy. Not to mention I have lost most of my brain cells.

Brain cells?
  • najlaamundson
    Options
    My memory. Foggy brain.
  • najlaamundson
    Options
    :) Oh what fun it is!!!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    My memory. Foggy brain.

You have brain cells left?

Mine are MIA...:happy:
  • najlaamundson
    Options
    My memory. Foggy brain.

You have brain cells left?

Mine are MIA...:happy:

LOL!
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yes foggy memory or dead brain whatever you call it. The fact is that for day to day work no major issues, but I have to take a class next week for a certification to whichI was suppose to study about 20 hrs in advance but kept reading the same chapter over and over. I just cannot retain this book crap! I guess if it were practical and something I could relate directly back to ding in my job it would help. But as with most certifications you learn the book version and answer questions on the test in that fashion not what would be logical! OMG what a nightmare!
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'll go 6, 7, 8 months...then WHAM! And always at the worst times. My daughter is getting married at the end of May, so I'm certain it'll hit then.