Hair loss?

Options
Anyone have a problem with this at anytime during their process?

Replies

• sparker78
    Options
    Im only 6 weeks post surgery and no hairloss to report as of yet
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    If your nutrition is good and you aren't deficient in anything, it generally happens at about 3-4 months out and stops at about 6-7 months. I was having protein issues so mine started way before that and stopped way after that, but that's unusual.
  • twinmoonette
    twinmoonette Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You will begin hair lost at about 4-5 mos post op. It will continue for about 4 mos. I never had handfuls come out or anything that drastic. I would see it on the floor after blow drying or brushing. It will just get thin. The shorter you keep your hair the less noticeable it will be. Mine was at the top "crown" of my head mostly.

I would suggest that you get on Biotin now...at least 5000 a day. When it was falling I increase to 10,000 a day, then dropped back down once it stopped falling.

Don't stress over it...its just something that happens. Besides, nobody's looking at your hair---they are looking at the NEW and IMPROVED SLIMMER YOU!!!

Best of luck...I am 13 months out now and have lost 102 pounds!!
  • gwen6971
    gwen6971 Posts: 49
    Options
    twinmoonette, congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yep mine started coming out around 3 months out. I am now 10 months out and it has stopped and I have a layer of fluffy new hair around my hair line. I had my hair cut short on advice of others. No-one else noticed it just me!!!

It happens with extreme weight loss and I know I prefer to have lost a bit of hair than to be 139lbs heavier!!!