Hey Guys! Im new to the group.

Options
delinsky
delinsky Posts: 1 Member
My name is Ashley. I'm ready to lose some weight!! I love eating clean. Ive given up fast food a year ago along with pop and candy. I dont eat a lot of meat or dairy. Somehow my weight is sticking to me like glue.I also switch back and forth between Vegan and Vegetarian. I LOVE my juice machine as well. I guess I just need to step up and be in charge and get down and dirty with getting healthy. I would love some tips, motivation, and friends! Thanks : )

Replies

• montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm fairly new to eating clean, but loving the little changes I have made so far. My biggest issue was diet pop and snack foods, but since eliminating diet pop from diet, I don't have the craving for the snack foods. So that made the transition pretty easy for me.

I have loved being part of this group because I have learned a lot and there have been some links to some awesome websites. Luckily my husband is onboard with eating healthy so we've been able to go through this process together.

Hope you enjoy this group as much as I have! :smile:
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    What is your diet heavy in? Do you eat a lot of grains or fatty foods like oils or avacado? Need more input. :)
  • luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm new too!

I do the cooking for our family, and a lot of it. I like the heart that goes into cooking, and i like knowing what's in our foods.

We aren't strict organic, gluten free, dairy free, or any other sort of anything-free, however, I like to make from scratch where i can. and where I can't, well therein lies the challenge:)

Welcome, and would love to share ideas!
  • mslisatm
    mslisatm Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love eating clean. Its the only way of eating that I have found that is not only healthy but everyone in my family enjoys as well. No one feels deprived and the meals I make are amazing! They can be very simple and quick or very gourmet. I don't eat beef, but everything elseis fine. I have 2 sons and a hardworking italian husband so pleasing them all has been a huge deal!!

My only challenges are the whole grain pasta. My husband is a purist when it comes to his pasta and he refuses to eat it. I deal wit this by avoiding pasta dishes in general, to be honest, or making my own pasta if I need to. I find most store bought whole wheat pasta is too heavy or gummy. When I make it on my own it has a lot of flavor, plus it is cheaper and I can put other things in it.

I initially had trouble giving up the crackers and snacky stuff. I was never a big soda drinker or dessert person so that was easy....but the snacks! I have found great substitutes for my need for the crunch, like roasted garbanzos!

I think finding a good resource for clean eating recipes is important too. I have found a lot of sites want you to spend tons of money. I just dont have the money to buy almond butter and specialty cooking oils every week. I am always looking for new resources. I like Clean Eating Magazine recipes but have to be careful as they often call for some outrageously expensive and obscure ingredient (I live in the boondocks of Maine!!!)

I think the best things about eating clean are that I don't feel deprived and I have a lot of variety! Plus everyone in my family can enjoy the same meal without feeling like they are all on some funky "diet" with me.

Lisa
  • Marga40
    Marga40 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I really like this group as well. There's a fairly broad range definition of clean eating here, as each person sees it really, which is useful because ultimately we should support people's efforts at healthy eating, wherever they fall on the spectrum.

I started eating clean with the goal of repairing and maintaining my health. I just started woking on weight loss a couple of months ago, and I find I have an easy time with the eating component because of my habits. If only exercise came as naturally!! :)

Anyway, I'd loooove to have more clean eating friends, so feel fre to add me! My diary is open as well if anybody wants ideas!

:smile: marg
  • HealthyFitNTrim
    HealthyFitNTrim Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Michelle, I have not eaten meat and diary since 3/4/13. I feel great I also juice. I have lost 10lbs since changing my diet. I stopped drinking soda 7 years ago. Since 3/4 I have not had any store juice drinks just water at home and work. Now I just need to step it up and keep it going so hopefully support here will me with that. I must say I don't miss the meat (chicken, beef, pork) starting this week I am adding fish/seafood to my diet no frying just streamed, baked or grilled.

Michelle
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Another one here new to the group! I was doing research for a project ( documentary) when I found out the truth about GMO's, companies like Monsanto and how the head of the FDA is a former Monsanto attorney/lobbyist. I was dumbfounded that the FDA--a government agency that was formed to protect We The People had sold us out! And the more research I did, the more I knew I needed to dig into our pantry and fridge and do a makeover!

That was close to 2 years ago....now we are about 95% GMO free. It started one set of food at a time. We started with organic produce....specifically the dirty dozen: http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary.php Then we switched to organic raw dairy, and antibiotic/nitrite/nitrate free meats and lunch meats. In my state, you have to have a "herd share" to legally get raw milk. There weren't any "drop/deliveries" in my area, so I contacted a few farms, found a co-op that was growing and willing to work with me to set up a location within a mile of my house! The hardest switch is the few food items that my kids like: fishy crackers ( annies just don't taste the same, probably because they don't have MSG!), and squeeze yogurts. I have given them "no more" dead line of the end of school to shop with me to find alternatives. Making them part of the process has helped!

Needless to say, I consider myself a food warrior. I believe that it shouldn't be hard to find out what is really in our food. And it makes no sense to me to have food that makes us sick, when food should be our medicine!
  • singmyheartout4you
    Options
    Hey there!
    I just started eating clean a few weeks ago and would love to have friends who do the same :) Im also still toying around with what I can and cant eat
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of salads. I really make them pretty fancy. My latest favorite is Thai Shrimp salad. I cook mainly for my husband and I as my kids are 18 and 21 and doing their own thing. DH is very supportive, but sometimes he'll call from work asking what's for dinner and then asking, "Is it going to be warm?" That's when I get the hint I should make something other than a salad. I also tend to stay away from potatoes and rice. No particular reason I just don't want the simple carbs. Every now and then DH will ask for a potato or some rice and that night I'll make some. Sometimes just for him.