Excess skin

Options
Tigger31179
Tigger31179 Posts: 57 Member
Anyone else worried about the excess skin we may have once we lose all this weight? I know it can be take care of surgically, but I don't have that kind of money. Anyone know ways to keep the skin from being saggy? I have a friend who is having surgery to get rid of stretch marks, but I'm not sure I want to do that. Each of my stretch marks are battle wounds from becoming a mommy, which is the only sure thing I've ever wanted in life. But, then again, I'd love to look amazing in a bikini, lol. Ideas?

Replies

• SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have the same worries and don not have the money either for a lift/tuck. I am hoping as I do this slowly my skin will come back enough so I don't sag too much. I am not looking for a bikini body. I have seen people whose skin looks fantastic after weight loss and others not so much - may just depend on your body.
  • outtatheshell
    Options
    It does depend on the body and i've heard the more you weight/strength train the more it tends to go back. Since you're replacing muscle with fat it helps. That is why it is important to do more than just cardio. Foods rich in protein also help.
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am worried about that. From what I've read, as long as you do strength training and toning exercises it will help a lot. I make sure to do crunches and arm exercises even on a just cardio day. I'm hoping it helps.
  • Tigger31179
    Options
    Awesome, I'm not crazy! hahah! I found a great beginners work out, that includes strength training. I'll find the link and post it here when I get home from work. I am just waiting to see if I can get a pull up/chin up bar.
  • Tigger31179
    Options
    http://evilcyber.com/fitness/home-workout-plan-beginners/ Here is the work out plan I want to try. It will show you how to do everything, from can't do it, to doing the full exercise, the correct way. The only thing that got me is I thought he was saying 50, he's really saying 15.
  • BackToFree
    BackToFree Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes, I worry about it occasionally. It was even enough to stop me from wanting to lose weight for a while, because I didn't want to be left saggy and baggy. Then I decided that saggy skin is not going to give me a heart attack, or make it hard for me to get up out of a chair, or run long distances. Being over 300lbs will! I know cosmetically that doesn't help, but health wise, a flat of belly skin is much preferable to 100lbs+ of fat.

Also, I already have that 'pooch' of fat that sits below my belly button. It started out as a little pudge, and grew with the rest of me, so it hangs a bit now, and I have to dress to cover it as I am self conscious about it. I figure dressing over something that's dangly but not thick and full of fat would be easier than dressing a big bulge. Some magic knickers and well cut, well fitting pants/flowing dresses and skirts should do the trick until / if I have surgery.
  • mommypablo
    mommypablo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    iam goin to give "itworks" wraps a try! I sure hope they work
  • SandiW02
    Options
    what is 'itworks"?
  • mommypablo
    mommypablo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    you can go here and look http://dianaouellette.myitworks.com/ ....but anyways you wear these wraps for as little as 45mins and it tighten, tones and firms! iam goin to gives these a try and hope they work! and if it works then that's great its a lot cheaper then getting the tummy tuck!!! :D
  • SandiW02
    Options
    so how about those flappy arms we think aren't that bad - ugh I have been lying to myself!! today during dinner the kids and I were laughing about craziness and my son said something about how the bottom of my arm being lumpy when I raised my arm - gee thanks I was almost feeling good about coming from 309 to 291 (what was I thinking).

well kids say the truth and the truth is I have got to get back to my strength training to get rid of my "bye bye arms".
  • Tigger31179
    Options
    My husband calles them "Bingo Wings." I HATE them. Push ups maybe? lol