Emotion/stress binge eating, old habits

Options
mandynsnuf
mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
I have been sick with URI and ear inf for 3 weeks and am on my 3rd round of antibiotics :( since I have been sick, I have allowed some bad habits to come back. Fast foods, sweets, carbs. I am disgusted with myself! I am up from 131 to 137 :( Anyone have any experience with taming my "mind"? I constantly feel "hungry" ! Anyone try the 5 day pouch test?

Mandy

Replies

• gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Wow - it is like you are talking to me... I too have allowed some of my bad habits, and started a new habit - night snacking back into my life. I know that I am allowing stress and extreme tiredness to rule things. I don't know why I can't control it better... I too 'feel hungry'. Know it is alot of mental hunger... hence the night snacking... I haven't gained really but the weight loss had slowed dramtically...

:cry:
  • Susann1963
    Susann1963 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yup. Just ate a 250 calorie Klondike Bar... :sad:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Hey honey, when you feel like cr@p you want to eat like cr@p! :noway: well that's the way I get anyways(then you eat more cause you feel guilty for it too!),try and damage control whilst you feel ill and make good when feeling better you WILL soon get a new lease of life again :wink:
    Also try the 5 day pouch test, it is very hard to stick to esp the 1st 2 days! :huh: but it can be worth it for some people! it is hit or miss personally just get back to healthy eating and exersice you know the routine! lol :happy:

good luck x
    and YES your mojo will come back to you!
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I found being@home I want to pick things up without counting and measuring so I started planning my day ahead of time. I allow smacks and I may eat those at a different time or not @ all but I don't eat blindly.
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    What is the 5 day pouch test? I see it posted on MFP alot but not sure how it works. I never thought I was an emotional eater, but I have also been slipping down a slippery slope into all my bad habits. I am frightened that I can't get the motivation that I had early on.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    What is the 5 day pouch test? I see it posted on MFP alot but not sure how it works. I never thought I was an emotional eater, but I have also been slipping down a slippery slope into all my bad habits. I am frightened that I can't get the motivation that I had early on.

google it and you will find it but you are not suppost to do it if less than 1 yr out(don't know why)! lol
  • stephanielindsey
    Options
    Especially when you are sick, you have to take care of your body. I think it is okay to feel hungry and to eat but its up to you to make good choices. Try to make sure you have lots of good stuff to choose from on hand. I know when my pantry starts to get low, that's when I tend to take the easy way out and fast food or junk food it.

Until you kick these infections completely, please don't do anything (like the test) that may cause you to put more stress on your body.

I have a chronic viral issue with my inner ear so I sometimes have to baby my immune system. That's where I'm coming from with my suggestions :)
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions ! I'm still not feeling well, but am back to work so at least I am staying busy :)
  • pal00ga
    pal00ga Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just like ShirleyGirl said, I now plan everything I eat for the day ahead of time. I was allowing myself to just eat throughout the day whatever I felt like having at the moment. Logging all my meals ahead of time and planning everything out has really helped me. I was eating around 1400 calories some days (at less than 11 months out). Now I'm back to less than 1000 calories (usually between 800 and 1000). My weight loss had stopped, but in the last 2 weeks that I've started logging things ahead of time, I've lost almost 7 lbs!
    I include snacks in my planning, but often I wind up not eating some of them and have to delete them from myfitnesspal at the end of the day. Honestly I think simply the feeling of being back in control of my eating and the feeling of taking initiative to plan my meals early makes me feel more powerful over my hunger attacks. I just saw 'nope, that's not in the plan for today, buddy.' :p
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Just like ShirleyGirl said, I now plan everything I eat for the day ahead of time. I was allowing myself to just eat throughout the day whatever I felt like having at the moment. Logging all my meals ahead of time and planning everything out has really helped me. I was eating around 1400 calories some days (at less than 11 months out). Now I'm back to less than 1000 calories (usually between 800 and 1000). My weight loss had stopped, but in the last 2 weeks that I've started logging things ahead of time, I've lost almost 7 lbs!
    I include snacks in my planning, but often I wind up not eating some of them and have to delete them from myfitnesspal at the end of the day. Honestly I think simply the feeling of being back in control of my eating and the feeling of taking initiative to plan my meals early makes me feel more powerful over my hunger attacks. I just saw 'nope, that's not in the plan for today, buddy.' :p

This seems like the best method for me as well.
  • bel738
    bel738 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I JUST GOT BACK FROM AN ADJUSTMENT ON MY BAND..AND HAVE GAINED 3 LBS SINCE 3 MONTHS AGO SO SHE GAVE ME SHEET OF GETTING BACK ON TRACK THIS IS WHAT IT SAYS.

YOUR DIET SHOULD BE:
    * high protien * low carbohydrate * low fat * liquid portein supplements
    1. REPLACE TWO MEALS PER DAY WITH HIGH PROTEIN AND LOW CARBOHYDRATE LIQUID SHAGE YOU CAN ADD THE FOLLOWING
    * fresh or frozen fruit(no bananas) * fat=free /sugar free jello or pudding

2. YOU MAY HAVE ONE HEALTHY MEAL EACH DAY THE CONSIST OF: