How much weight did you increase for push?

Options
ShannonKelliG
ShannonKelliG Posts: 70 Member
Next week is my last week of burn so I'll need to pick up some new weights for push. Right now I'm using 5, 7, and 10s. How much did you increase by? I was thinking 12, 15, and 20s but I'm not sure.

Replies

• Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. I try to keep up with whatever Janelle is using. My dumbells only go up to 15s, but I could do 25 to 30 on squats if I had them.
  • 918lux
    918lux Posts: 4
    Options
    For Push I bought 15 and 20 pounders. So now I have 2s, 5s, 10s, 15, and 20s. I often put my twos with my other weights when I need a smaller increase than my next weight.
  • erindh87
    erindh87 Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm still in the Burn phase, and I have dumbbells ranging from 5-15 lbs right now. I think those will likely work for my arms in the Push phase, but I definitely need something heavier for the lower body movements. This week I just bought a pair of adjustable weights (the manual plate and bar kind) that were a lot cheaper than the Selecttech or Powerblock kind which go up to 50 lbs, so I'm hoping to get a lot of use out of those during Push.
  • ShannonKelliG
    Options
    Thanks for the help! I usually try to do what Laylee is doing, so maybe I'll pop a dvd in this weekend and see what she's using. I feel like I'm def ready to go heavier. I've increased already in burn.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I used 5, 8, 10 and 12 pounds for Burn. For Push I use 8, 10, 15, 20 and 22 pounds and could go to 25 pounds but I'm too lazy to change my adjustable weights (LOL)!
  • ShannonKelliG
    Options
    I think I'm going to try to go heavier than I planned. I just finished my last burn 2 and I felt I could have gone heavier. It's amazing how much stronger I've gotten in just 1 month!