Binging a lot, overeating daily

Options
skinnydreams19
skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
I binge a lot and overeat my calories (eating around 3000 calories) every day. What to do????? I'm pretty good during the day usually, but once the evening rolls around, all bets are off :/ None of my MFP friends understand and they just tell me that I don't want this enough, but I DO and I hate myself for doing it!!!

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You need to work out triggers, and find out if you are overeating due to boredom or emotional stimuli like stress.
    It can be easier to deal with and control if you can find out what is causing it.
    Also, pausing and considering if you are actually physically hungry before eating as usually we are not when we overeat.
    I find intermittent fasting is helping me. My eating window is in the evening, and since I never struggled much in the daytime, it is manageable.
  • xvegivorex
    Options
    i do the same, eat over 5,000 cals every day - should I go back to overeaters anonymous meetings? i feel so lost… ):
  • Dawn4511
    Dawn4511 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's a hard journey. Start small and make goals that are attainable. Eating 3000 cals a day you can't expect to go to 1500 and be ok and not feel like your starving. So try to do 2800-2900 for a week by making small changes. I must say it's awesome that you are tracking and that's part of the journey so that's a goal already :-). You can do it slow and steady wins the race.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I cant believe ur mfp friends tell u that u dont want this enough! U r right, they DONT understand! Dont listen to that crap. I feel ur pain.