Just found the C25K app and downloaded it today :)

Options
wrgang9
wrgang9 Posts: 4 Member
I am ecstatic to have come across this C25K app while searching fitness app on my phone. I didn't know much about it, so I came here and started reading a lot of the encouraging posts from this group. I wasn't sure at 37 I would be able to take up running, but now feel differently because of how inspiring all of you are! Looking forward to starting my W1D1 this evening after the hubby gets home to watch the kids. If anyone has any tips for a beginner, they would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you :)

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and just about to finish C25K so you're never too old to take up running. There's a tips section here that has some good advice. Just take it easy at first and don't push yourself too hard. Run at a comfortable pace where you could still carry a conversation with someone. And most of all, have fun!
  • wrgang9
    Options
    Great advice and I will definitely be reading the tips & tricks section immediately! Thank you :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and just finished C25K this spring. You can do this.
    Keep it slow until your body adjusts. It'll seem too slow but go as slow as you need to keep up with the program.
    Post here with your highs and your lows. We're always here to motivate you along.
    Stick with it. It's a lot of fun and makes you feel great.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Go slow.
    Breathe.
    Buy good shoes.
    Be proud of yourself for what you accomplish.
  • wrgang9
    Options
    Awesome! I can't even tell you how much more at ease I feel already. Thank you for the tips and encouragment :)
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision to take up running. C25k is a great program and this here is a very supportive group. I am 45 and finished the program today.

Not more tips than the others had already: keep it slow, don´t stop breathing and be proud of yourself after every run.
  • wrgang9
    Options
    Aww....Congratulations to you for your incredible accomplishment :) Thank you for you're kind words, I am so happy to have found such a supportive group. I was hoping to start my journey this evening, but my husband had to work late and was unable to keep my girls. Plan to do W1D1 tomorrow after they are off to school...after reading all the great post and all the fact filled info available here I am ready and excited!!!
  • koalica
    koalica Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm on the same C25K boat so I'll join you! :)
    Planning on starting it tomorrow and really hoping not to chicken out of it this time. I got through day 1 a few years ago and gave up on day 2. Shame on me :(
  • stitchtastic
    Options
    It's an excellent program!
    I'm on W6 D3 next (on Monday),and loving every second!
    If you listen to the podcasts and take the advice they give,you'll be fine.I just bought some running shoes,and a water bottle today.You'd be amazed at how much difference there is in comfort and weight compared to normal trainers!
    I've also ordered a HRM online today,to keep track exactlly of cals burned,and heart rate as i run.
    Good luck on your first day,and anyone on here who would like a supportive friend feel free to add me :happy: