Successes so far

Options
SandiW02
SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
Ok yes, you may think a bit awkward to use the word success but I feel any change should be celebrated. Here is a brief background I started Zumba when I realized I was 309 - fought to get 304 - started MFP at 299 and am now 295. Each increment allowed me a change. So here is a recent one I would like to share and I got the confidence from an earlier post I read -

We love going on family outings. My husband and I took the kids to the circus about a week or so ago. Kids love going and I dread it because the dang seats are so uncomfortable and well my big butt just doesn't fit in what I considered the entirely too small seats. As I plan for my 5'11'' frame carrying about 300lbs to fit in a seat built for (negative sarcasm here) a 100 lb teenager I think how I am going to get through the thigh cramps. Well to my surprise I FIT in the seat. I was comfortable (well not my log legs but no loosing weight in length lol). Then I thought back to the hockey game where I had no complaints either about the seating in that stadium either.

My success was the seats.

Replies

• Tigger31179
    Tigger31179 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I've had the same problem as my thighs are pretty big.

My thing is my pants. I have been going up and up. I bought a few pair at the thrift shop (no sense in buying new if they will only fit for a few months). They were tight when I got them. Now, they are just a little looser, but a little looser is better than just as tight!
  • SandiW02
    Options
    That is fantastic!! I shop at thrift stores and garage sales. I don't care. I am always up for a bargain - I also coupon as much as I can as well.
  • dc729
    dc729 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Since I had been struggling with staying focused for the last couple months, my weight had been fluctuating by about 8 pounds as well. One day, I had a super hard time zipping and buttoning my jeans. I was so mad at myself for putting on so much weight that my pants wouldn't even close. At the end of the day, I noticed the jeans I had worn all day were actually a size smaller! Haha!

This past weekend, I went to Disneyland with my girls....I fit in all the rides and even the booths at the restaurant! This trip was my motivation when I first started MFP 7 months ago. I wanted to be able to ride the rides with my girls and not be the mom who stands and waits at all the ride exits. :smile:

I think the most motivating success up until now is hearing so many people compliment me on my weight loss so far. At one point in my life, the compliments would have made me self conscious. Now, when I hear compliments, it makes me work harder. Especially when I'm having a "bad" day diet wise, it helps me to refocus.
  • SandiW02
    Options
    @dc729 AMAZING when you think one thing and something else is in front of you - this is my fear and one of the reasons we have yet to got to Disney - maybe next summer lol...
  • puddensisk
    Options
    My success was fitting into a pair of jeans yesterday that I have not been able to wear in over a year. They're not loose by any means but I can zip them up like a normal person, as opposed to laying on the bed and sucking everything in like the last time I wore them...lol.
  • SandiW02
    Options
    WHOOP WHOOP!! What a fantastic success! Thanks for sharing - I love reading success stories as they keep me motivated to say hey that will be me soon!
  • auburnlady78
    auburnlady78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have found that reading other peoples successful stories really helps me out. So now maybe mine will do the same for other's. When I started using MFP I weighed in at 240 lbs. In 3 weeks I have drop 8 lbs and 2 incs off my waist hard to be leave. So now I can ware a size 20 in paints. My journey is long but in the end my successes is going to be great!! :) Thanks for sharing your successful stories with me..
  • SandiW02
    Options
    I have found that reading other peoples successful stories really helps me out. So now maybe mine will do the same for other's. When I started using MFP I weighed in at 240 lbs. In 3 weeks I have drop 8 lbs and 2 incs off my waist hard to be leave. So now I can ware a size 20 in paints. My journey is long but in the end my successes is going to be great!! :) Thanks for sharing your successful stories with me..

You are doing FABULOUS - so excited for you!! Thanks for sharing.
  • SandiW02
    Options
    Ok well here is another mini success I want to share - in Zumba we do this move where we are dancing then we basically drop our booties to the floor and bounce back up - well in the past I just squatted because I thought this big booty is not coming back up - well tonight I said I am going to try. Not only did I do it, but I was able to do the entire song!! Whoop whoop (my legs are killing me) I am so excited to see the improvement.