The Blue Team Loft !

Options

Replies

• yoyotired
    yoyotired Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How do you track our exercise for the challenge? Does the Captain look at our log or are we supposed to post it or something?
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    We post what we have been doing for this week's challenge in our Blue Team Loft - so we are showing our team mates we are accountable and ready to go. Next weeks challenge results will be collected by our captain and submitted to the coordinator on Sunday evenings.

so for this week, I have completed a few of these challenges including the recipe w/pic. I am doing the 30 day Shred with another group so that is my cardio (daily....yuck) and I am doing the April challenge group and for this week we have been doing Ab bridges (so awesome) so I am using this instead of squats which I hate and already do in the 30DS group. I have not taken a rest day as the 30DS is for 30 days so I must keep going. (but I have had good results so far so I will stop complaining)

Hope everyone else is having a good week :)
  • ltrevino2007
    ltrevino2007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I need everyone's weight by tonight 9pm est so I can get it in the spreadsheet and turned in. Send my totals on water too so we can see how u did!!!
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    hello everyone! My name is Donna I just got added to the blue team :) I look forward to being in the challenge with all of you and kicking some booty losing weight. My weigh in for today is 252 and I will try and take and post my picture by tomorrow.

A little about me, I am 47 year old mom of 5 with only the 2 little ones left at home (7 year old and 4 year old) I lost about 50 pounds with mfp and exercising last year but gained back 20. I like to do fun runs (walking) and 5ks last year I did 3 this year I am trying to double that. I did the color run about a month ago and am doing MS walk this coming Saturday. I live in Sacramento, CA. I had a walking/work out partner for about 4-6 months last year and that is when I was the most successful losing weight, she stopped working out at all and it really slowed me down. I am trying to find a new partner, but have not had any luck. Competitions also help me stay on track so that is why I am here :)
  • ltrevino2007
    Options
    Welcome to the Blue Team Donna!! I am Lisa and I am captain but more of a team member lol
    I am 40 and a mom of 4 with three of them at home. 21, 5, and 1 this Thursday.
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi Lovelies

I am so pleased with your efforts I hope you will like this week's challenges .

This is our first official week !!!! It is supposed to be still an introduction, so have fun and get healthy!

There is lbs reward for each part of this challenge

Exercise max 7 lbs

1. 4 days out of 7 of 30-45 min cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best!

sessions of jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer or treadmill,Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, DVD , Gym etc.
    (moderate cleaning doesn't count ;) !!! )

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed to do 4 sessions!!!

2. Try something new or something you didn't do for a while - independent exercise of your choice for 30 min session at least!!! : mine for example will be trying to go to work on bike. - I would not mind to go home from work but to get there is 90% uphill!!!

If you lack inspiration, you can try swimming, clubbing (DANCING!!!), another class at your local gym, or that new DVD , take tennis rackets and go play tennis with kids in park ... or football ... I found out trampoline extremely hard :-)

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed

3. Best Butt Exercises For Women: Squats

Squats are one of the best butt exercises you can do to build a nice round booty and sexy legs. Make sure you keep your abs tight, back straight, weight on heels, and sit your butt back.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSYv5lQo4yM
    can you make at least 350 a week ? E.G. 50 +60+70 +day rest +50 +60 +70
    1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed 2 lbs for most squads

4. Don't forget to take a day rest! Your body needs it.

5. For the WEEK ONE FOOD challenge, I thought we might still keep it BASICS! Let's take this week to focus on fish and cooking fish - let other inspire you with their recipe ! I know that this is not popular choice but girls (as far as I know we don't have a man in our challenge) come on it is good for us - and for mums especially we need to introduce fish into our kids diet - and I am not talking about fish fingers ;) .... girls all fish counts and vegetarians try Sea Vegetables. Try to eat fish 2x a week. (1 lbs advantage if you manage to eat 2 portions of fish)

Keep drinking water - even if it is not our topic!!! I hope you picked up some good tips.

cooking challenge
    Also, I will be doing Cooking Challenge for week 0. It will run from today april 21th - april 28th . I need the pictures and recipe of 1 dish you were cooking this week for yourself . I will be judging on healthiness, calorie amount and presentation . It can be idea for lunch (pack lunch) , dinner , breakfast or even Snack!!!

You must send picture + recipe here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/965956-place-to-share-fish-recipes-1st-week-cooking-challenge The requirement this week is you must have fish in this meal.

Best recipe will get 2 lbs advantage for week 2 weigh in and everyone who post recipe will get 1lbs

To sum it
    4/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage
    1 session of something new - let us know what - 1lbs advantage
    350 squats - 1 lbs for the everyone who manage to do 350 squats an extra 1 lbs for 1 person with most squats
    2 dishes with fish - 1 lbs advantage
    recipe - 1 lbs for everyone who post recipe extra 1 lbs for best recipe
  • BadAtitude
    Options
    Hey Ladies, we don't have all of our starting weights in the spreadsheet . Please make sure you message our Captain and let her know your starting weight, goal etc...and to keep her updated of your progress for the challenges. We can do this but we need to work together. Don't forget each challenge this week offers a 1 lbs advantage reward :laugh: so no worries if you can't complete everything, just do your best!
  • ald031
    ald031 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Amanda and I'm just joined and was placed on your team! I'm a new mom that's nursing my 3 month old daughter. I'm eager to shred some pregnancy weight and can't wait to see some results. My starting weight is 241 and ill upload a picture tonight in the right place. Good luck everyone!
  • ltrevino2007
    Options
    Welcome Amanda!!!! We look forward to shredding with you!!
    I am Lisa, the team captain. and my assistant captain is BadAttitude!!! She is my god sent right now as I am super busy but try to get on here and motivate and keep everyone posted. If you have any questions either of us can help in any way we can.
    Hi guys! I'm Amanda and I'm just joined and was placed on your team! I'm a new mom that's nursing my 3 month old daughter. I'm eager to shred some pregnancy weight and can't wait to see some results. My starting weight is 241 and ill upload a picture tonight in the right place. Good luck everyone!
  • ltrevino2007
    Options
    I would love for all of you to message me daily just to give me a heads up how you have done for the day. If you can't please let me know every couple days so we can make sure you are getting your 1lb advantages for the challenges. This may be a way to keep us motivated too!!!
    :smile:
  • ald031
    Options
    I was just curious if we log our exercise directly on the spreadsheet or message the captain. I did 50 mins on the elliptical last night and 50 squats. Would I wait to report the number of squats and exercises I completed to the captain at the end of the week?
  • ltrevino2007
    Options
    Amanda you could message me if you would like. I can keep track for you. I would like to know how challenges are going also so you get recognized for your hard work.
    I was just curious if we log our exercise directly on the spreadsheet or message the captain. I did 50 mins on the elliptical last night and 50 squats. Would I wait to report the number of squats and exercises I completed to the captain at the end of the week?
  • i_am_losing_it
    Options
    Summary (stolen from another team :)
    4/7 sessions of exercise
    1 session of something new - let us know what
    350 squats or more squats
    2 dishes with fish
    recipe

Monday
    Cardio - 60 minutes
    Something new - not yet
    Squats - not yet
    Fish Dish - not yet
    Fish pic & recipe - not yet

I am planning on making all of the challenge requirements unless there is jumping involved then I will ask for a modification. Is the challenge stuff not "required" though for the challenge? I keep seeing people post they are not going to do this or not going to do that, won't they be eliminated? I don't understand why people won't even try, if you have an allergy I can obviously see not eating something or if you are physically unable to do an exercise, then that is understandable, but this is a "challenge" not a continue to do whatever you want and log it here. Just my 2 cents and ranting a bit.
    Happy Tuesday!!!!
    -Donna
  • BadAtitude
    Options
    I agree with you Donna, I just roll my eyes and skip over the messages with people making excuses. After all the only person they are cheating is themselves and I don't want to get caught up in their negativity. We all have likes/dislikes, aches and pains and busy lives but I think we also all want the same goal ~TO GET HEALTHY~. I will spend my energy trying everything and giving it my best effort instead of (or at least before) I complain about it. That being said I better get going on the fish dishes, I don't know how to cook so I need a lot of prep time. :laugh:
  • i_am_losing_it
    Options
    Tuesday
    Cardio - 45 minutes
    Something new - not yet
    Squats - 75
    Fish Dish - yes made tuna salad

Let's go blue team! :)
  • BadAtitude
    Options
    Yah one fish dish done :tongue: Made fettucini alfredo with grilled prawns and peppers....yum.
  • BNance509
    BNance509 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Cardio -30-45 x 3 days
    Something new - not yet
    Squats - YES x 3 days
    Fish Dish - yes x 1
    I have the squats broken up into sets like 2 sets of 25
  • BadAtitude
    Options
    2nd fish dish done! Was going to make tuna sandwiches for lunch but I forgot the tuna mix in the fridge. Turned it into tuna casserole with carrots, coleslaw and cheesy english muffins....generic I know but I really can't cook. How's everyone doing with their challenges? The cooking ones are really hard for me, I would much rather heat up a frozen pizza then plan an actual meal (don't you pity my kids? LOL :tongue: )
  • i_am_losing_it
    Options
    Yay! Everyone is doing good on the fish :) I have one down too :)
  • ald031
    Options
    Do we post pictures of our fish for it to count as the 1 lb advantage? I love fish but love it in sushi even more! I have no idea how to make it so we get the take out.. hope that counts. I have sushi twice this week. It's so expensive so it's normally just a treat but felt the need to eat it twice just for the purpose of this challenge.

30wplhy.jpg

Cardio:
    Monday - 50 min ellipical
    Tuesday - 40 min Jillian Micheals workout
    Wednesday - 45 min brisk walk while carrying heavy 3 month baby
    Thursday - 40 min Jillian Michaels workout
    Friday - no exercise
    Saturday - 35 min elliptical & 18 min lateral cardio machine

Something new - Went to gym and used elliptical machine

Squats - 365
    Fish Dish - Sushi twice

Now I cannot wait for tomorrows weigh in to see some results! I hope everyone else is having a successful week!