How long to see results?

Options
redraidergirl2009
redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
I was just wondering how long it took some of you to see results? I am in no rush and just started this week, but was curious how long it took some people to see results, I know everyone is different. I am actually doing the fat2fit method which tells me to eat 2161 calories a day. I was regularly eating at or below my bmr of 1550. I feel better this week eating more, but am having trouble making it up to that amount of cals so I am working up to it slowly. Stayed above 1700 each day this week. Reached 2200 a couple of days.

Replies

• aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Are you doing a reset or cutting?
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It depends on so many factors. There are some people on here who saw results quickly, whereas others are needing a longer time. Every body is different, so I think there are as many different answers to your question as people are doing EM2WL.
  • soobeth
    soobeth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think the easiest way to put this is that you will see results immediately. "What?!" I hear you say. :noway:

What I mean to say is, any change you make to your diet and lifestyle, WILL produce some sort of result, mentally, physically, negatively, positively. :huh:

Let me wager on what's going to happen here, best and worst case scenario, when you eat above your BMR and hopefully (!) at your TDEE whilst you let your body establish it's going to be regularly fed.

Week 1: Worst: "ARGH! SCALE'S GONE UP! I'VE GONE UP! I'M SO FAT!" Best: "Oh, that wasn't too bad... nothing's changed..."
    Week 2: Worst: "ARGH! SCALE'S GONE UP! I'VE GONE UP! I'M SO FAT!" Best: "I am really getting into this, I have so much more energy/my skin is clearer/my fitness is improving/my performance in sports is better/I'm sleeping amazingly!"
    Week 3: Worst: "ARGH! SCALE'S GONE UP! I'VE GONE UP! I'M SO FAT!" Best: "This is great!"

until eventually... This is the hard part. I can't tell you which week this is going to happen. It could be 4, it could be 40. :ohwell: But, if you keep coming back here, it WILL happen. We'll help you to work it out. We'll tell you if you're getting it wrong and how to help, that you're getting it right, and just keep going. That the scale is the world's worst liar (it is!) and that you deserve to do this for yourself (you do!)!! :happy: :heart:

My point is, you're going to see changes. Not all of them you'll like at first. Which is :frown: But the best thing is, nothing is permanent. Although some things are slow to rectify, and might feel futile at times, it is not permanent. I have no reason to think that you're not going to thrive on this way of life, as so many of different shapes, sizes and activities have managed before you.

Time is now your new best friend - you should get to know her, how she works and how she likes to go. And you're not going to like this thought at first, if you're anything like me. I spent the first week :grumble: until it clicked... Life is short, so why not let go of the struggles that make it harder, and accept the feeling that it's wonderful to make slow changes to reach an eventual goal, because not only will you reach that goal in a healthier state of mind and body, but you'll learn a lot on the way. You might even change your goal, or realise that you have found a better one!

Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I think the easiest way to put this is that you will see results immediately. "What?!" I hear you say. :noway:

What I mean to say is, any change you make to your diet and lifestyle, WILL produce some sort of result, mentally, physically, negatively, positively. :huh:

Let me wager on what's going to happen here, best and worst case scenario, when you eat above your BMR and hopefully (!) at your TDEE whilst you let your body establish it's going to be regularly fed.

Week 1: Worst: "ARGH! SCALE'S GONE UP! I'VE GONE UP! I'M SO FAT!" Best: "Oh, that wasn't too bad... nothing's changed..."
    Week 2: Worst: "ARGH! SCALE'S GONE UP! I'VE GONE UP! I'M SO FAT!" Best: "I am really getting into this, I have so much more energy/my skin is clearer/my fitness is improving/my performance in sports is better/I'm sleeping amazingly!"
    Week 3: Worst: "ARGH! SCALE'S GONE UP! I'VE GONE UP! I'M SO FAT!" Best: "This is great!"

until eventually... This is the hard part. I can't tell you which week this is going to happen. It could be 4, it could be 40. :ohwell: But, if you keep coming back here, it WILL happen. We'll help you to work it out. We'll tell you if you're getting it wrong and how to help, that you're getting it right, and just keep going. That the scale is the world's worst liar (it is!) and that you deserve to do this for yourself (you do!)!! :happy: :heart:

My point is, you're going to see changes. Not all of them you'll like at first. Which is :frown: But the best thing is, nothing is permanent. Although some things are slow to rectify, and might feel futile at times, it is not permanent. I have no reason to think that you're not going to thrive on this way of life, as so many of different shapes, sizes and activities have managed before you.

Time is now your new best friend - you should get to know her, how she works and how she likes to go. And you're not going to like this thought at first, if you're anything like me. I spent the first week :grumble: until it clicked... Life is short, so why not let go of the struggles that make it harder, and accept the feeling that it's wonderful to make slow changes to reach an eventual goal, because not only will you reach that goal in a healthier state of mind and body, but you'll learn a lot on the way. You might even change your goal, or realise that you have found a better one!

Best of luck! :flowerforyou:

^^^^^^^^^ Best reply EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I know it's different for everyone. I was just curious about how long it took people, you know, some feedback about their own personal experiences...
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you mean by 'results'. If you are looking for a change on the scale that is different than any of the following:

-not losing hair anymore
    -not having brittle nails anymore
    -sleeping better
    -having clearer skin
    -being able to concentrate better
    -being able to run farther and faster
    -being able to lift more weight or for higher reps or for more sets
    -being able to do more push-ups
    -being able to fit into smaller clothes
    -gaining muscle definition everywhere

For some of those things I saw changes in just a week. For other things it's been over a year.