What anime made you cry the most?

Options
Fruits Basket def for me!! And Naruto is doing a great job at making me cry like a baby as well.
I cry at everything though..Overly sensitive overweight girl FTL XD

Replies

• Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The most... well, for sheer volume, I have to admit that One Piece, in its hundreds of episodes, has probably produced the most from me. I would never have guessed it when I started, but that series hit a bizarre level emotional intensity for me in the 200s which regularly left me drained. Especially with Usopp, of all people. I cannot reasonably account for this. o_O

For more concentrated quality, though, Air may have potentially been the most effective. NHK ni Youkoso! brought on loads of crying as well, though more in a sharp and subtle sense... there were certain things which struck some incredibly deep and complex emotional chords. Also, the Wolf's Rain OVA (the last four episodes of the series), had I not been in public while watching it, would have definitely been up here too.
  • LunarGypsy
    LunarGypsy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh lord.....I cry like an idiot at certain things. I cried I think three times during FMA and FMA Brotherhood. I spent half of Kurau Phantom Memory bawling my eyes out. I cried like an idiot at the end of Ayashi No Ceres. Fruits Basket made me cry when Kyo ran away cause he was scared of being rejected. I'm pretty sure I cried when Zero had to consume his brother in Vampire Knight, but then I screamed and cheered when he went about kicking some *kitten*, so yeah, lol. If I went through all of them, it would take FOREVER.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Natsume Yuujin Cho

Clannad

FMA Brotherhood
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    so faaar FMA and FMA brotherhood and Elfen Lied :cry:
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Naruto definitely!!! flippin everytime!!!

first to make me cry would be pokemon when butterfree left and when charmander nearly died oh and the first pokemon movie.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Fruits Basket def for me!! And Naruto is doing a great job at making me cry like a baby as well.
    I cry at everything though..Overly sensitive overweight girl FTL XD

I seriously cried when Asuma died. I didn't even like his character that much, but it made me cry. And I cried when I found out Neji died (not to that part just yet because I'm too damn busy :grumble: ) Once again, a character I didn't think I cared about that much, but dammit, I did.

In addition, Air, FMA, Gungrave at points

I forgot about Chobits and Monster. So many feels, so many tears. I can't even...

Gah, I may also be an overly sensitive overweight girl!
  • wildaaron
    Options
    to everyone here congrats on your weightloss so far you guys n gals are smashing it. tell me your secrets.....TELL MELEE!! (I love invader zim )
  • ReinasWrath
    Options
    OH and I have to add Angel beats. I JUST finished it like 5 mins ago and I am crying like a baby :sad: It was SUCH a good anime def a new favorite <3
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    OH and I have to add Angel beats. I JUST finished it like 5 mins ago and I am crying like a baby :sad: It was SUCH a good anime def a new favorite <3

Can't believe i forgot that one, I cried a few times watching that anime!

Maybe im an overly sensitive overweight guy :( haha
  • wildaaron
    Options
    lol I think a new Group will need to be made "Overly Sensitive Overweight Girls and Guys"
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Naruto's speeches where he's crying and saying how everything is supposed to be makes me get tears in my eyes, well a little bit.
  • MustachioNerd
    Options
    Air made me cry.
  • ReinasWrath
    Options

Can't believe i forgot that one, I cried a few times watching that anime!

Maybe im an overly sensitive overweight guy :( haha

hahah no that one is a killer xD you'd have to not have a heart to not cry :D I was like depressed for a few days after I finished it :laugh:
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Both Naruto and Bleach because of their current Arcs.
  • amysteri
    amysteri Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've seen too many anime series but these are the top for me:
    Naruto: When Naruto meets his mom. Flashback of Naruto's parents death and their parting words as Minato completed the seal:brokenheart: Neji's death noooo:frown: , the already planned death of the parents of Ino-Shika-Cho even though they already said their parting words and they were so brave about it. And I know more are still gonna die!
    Ayashi no Ceres: Yuhi falling to tears screaming Chidori's name as she dies:sad:
    Fushigi Yuugi: Nuriko's death, Hotohori's death, Suboshi and Amiboshi's death, even Nakago's death, everyone else's death... a lot of people die in this anime, it's so tragic. They're really all just victims of circumstance:sad:
    Rurouni Kenshin aka Samurai X: Tomoe's death at the hands of Kenshin:brokenheart:
    Chrono Crusade: When Rosette tells Chrono she doesn't want to die. Chrono and Rosette's death:cry:
    And I know FF7 is a game but I still think Aeris and Zack's death were the most heartbreakingly tragic :brokenheart:

I'm sure there are more that I may have not mentioned here :smile:
    If anyone wants to talk anime let me know, I'm currently watching HoTD, Naruto, Fairytail, etc... :flowerforyou:

i-i-know-it-but-im-scared-im-so-scared
    pic_5265906_1212859797.gif
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT84V-ebD8qH3RJwxnv4fcXXR-pD7i0H6Me3IC3G1DP9kGDXKAdFQ
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNMTrWC7AcmG3g8gR6Ai3ru7ywB_keI9yBcGS0M65xlBaM_l8w
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzPn-lfD1394iwsm3k0d5ruvSvTo94Smo4s2nElV1fobnTLiC57Q
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRO1ns3k7Y9ISVwS-Y7BOSnUQ9hE2Tt5owuUMAj1Afkq_wq4hO4
  • CinnamonKai
    CinnamonKai Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just finished watching Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki and I found myself bawling like a baby at the end of the movie. I haven't cried that hard for an animated movie since Fox and the Hound. I need to stop thinking about it because I almost want to cry again. ;___;
  • mjnotellinu
    Options
    Code Geass. EVERY FREAKIN TIME. My brother and I watch that show once a year, and every time we are bawling at the same stupid spots. It's masochistic, really.

Another one that makes me cry every time is Fruits Basket. Ugh, that show. If I need a good cry, I pop in certain episodes of that show, and it does the trick.
  • JustDeke
    JustDeke Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    No contest. Grave of the Fireflies.

Me and my buddy watched it in high school. We were downstairs in his basement when his mom came down to two 300lbs offensive linemen sobbing to a "cartoon." Her eyes kind of bulged in shock and confusion, then she shook her head and went back up stairs. :laugh:
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Naruto has specific points which do target the emotions greatly, the death of Asuma as well as naruto fighting Sasuke when they were younger near the massive waterfall! Didn't make me cry as such but it hit my emotions hard...
    As of now, the anime series of naruto is so normal and to some extent boring as there is just fillers which I hate - I liked chikara though!

Wish the weekly episodes would be longer though :grumble: 20 min don't cut it for a weeks wait!:sad:
  • green_2
    green_2 Posts: 11
    Options
    The most that made me cry was Hakuouki. I've always been a fan of the Shinsengumi and Hakuouki is the most recent one involving them as characters. I mean seeing everyone die in the 2nd season was just hard. I like Naruto too, there were many parts there that made me cry like Sasuke and also the death of Grandma Chiyoko. I love Rurouni Kenshin too, the OVA was excellent (where I found Saito) and the story was top notch. It's sad what happened to Tomoe and Kenshin.