Day one 29.04.13

Options
ghsfitnesspal
ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
Hello! Good timing - I'm about to start Insanity tomorrow. I borrowed it from a friend so I don't think I can claim any t-shirt or even log onto their system.

Plan to do it before work, and take measurements at the same time because right now I have a full tummy from supper :) When does everyone else start in this group?

Replies

• JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    well I am starting tomorrow as well. I did my fit test already. tomorrow I will do measurements and weight. hey I have some additional information for you I will request you can message you.
  • jenjar44
    jenjar44 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow. I have already done the fit test and took my measurements. I am going to try to do it in the am because when I get home I am too hungry and then I am too full. But getting up and doing it at 6am is going to be tough.
  • lmalbrecht
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow as well. We CAN do this!
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow with the fit test. I will take weight and measure in the morning.
  • cybillj
    cybillj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am going to start tomorrow as well. Fit test in the morning when I get home - then weigh an measure when I wake up in the afternoon (I work nights). I'm hoping I can get in the routine of doing the insanity workout when I get home each morning, rather than putting it off until I get up. Whenever I do that I usually don't get aroud to doing anything! Lol. I am also going to continue to go to the gym each morning, I worked hard to get into that habit, so I don't want to break it. I am going to start over with my C25K program, so I should finish both together!!! Excited to work with you all! If I start slacking I give everyone of you permission to let me have it!!! Have a great day!!
  • roodledoodle
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope it's okay to join this group as I've aready started insanity and am on week 2 day 1????
    Just nice to find a group who are doing the same thing really :smile:
    I loved the first week but found that my calf muscles were really sore after the first 3 days so I done some foam rolling which helped loads and they feel okay now :smile:
    Really looking forward to seeing how everybody else gets on with the program and hope to feel motivated by hearing how others are getting along!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    I would put this on my profile to keep track of but since I'm in this group I thought I'd try it here!
    Fit Test One
    Switch Kicks 58
    Power Jacks 30
    Power Knees 63
    Power Jumps 18
    Globe Jumps 7
    Suicide Jumps 10
    Push-Up Jacks 2 (full...I did this twice as I did more half-way down and thought sod it, let's do this properly!)
    Low Plank Oblique 19
    Measurements
    Weight 80.8
    BMI 26.4
    Body Fat % 30.6
    Wrist 17
    Neck 33.5
    Bust 98.5
    Underbust 88
    Waist 81
    Hips 103
    Bottom 108
    Right Thigh 65
    Left Thigh 66
    Right Calf 37
    Left Calf 36
    Right Bicep 33
    Left Bicep 33
    Right Forearm 27
    Left Forearm 27
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Awesome every one! I am loving the active conversations and YES today is FIT TEST and Measurement day!
    If you are a little ahead or a little behind that is fine. We are all here together for one reason, INSANITY. We are going to be a group on insane whack jobs...lol...in a good way. :tongue:
  • buenita
    buenita Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity today too. Took the fit test and will take my measurements soon. We can do this!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Yes WE can. Hey if anyone wants to friend me on Facebook my page is www.facebook.com/turbomoma
    I am so excited to have so many of you all doing this Challenge with me. It really is so much better to workout with others then to do it on our own. Enjoy Day 1, this will be the cake of the first week....hehe. :laugh:
  • mzbrentzel
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am so excited to join an Insanity Group. I have some history with Insanity and hope that we can all support and motivate each other to get through this. I have started/stopped Insanity a number of times. The farthest I have ever got has been Day 12 and that was November 2012. So Day 13 is a HUGE milestone for me. I was actually on Day 10 last week but had to take the past 5 days off because of school and work, so I am starting over (again...and also again, didn't get past Day 12 haha).

I want to and am determined to finish the full 60 days. I have started/stopped so many times in the past, I need to do this. I want to tone up, lose weight and increase my endurance.

So, in the words of Shaun T....let's goooooo :)
  • laura666666
    laura666666 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Thought I'd follow ghsfitnesspal's lead and list my starting points. I'm 6' tall and 27 to give people an idea. Currently in a size 16 clothing, although the trousers are now a bit baggy.

CW 207.5ibs
    Arm 37.5cm
    Bust 1 104.8cm
    Bust 2 94.6cm
    Waist 89.3cm
    Stomach 108.5cm
    Hips 106.8cm
    Thigh 69.5cm

Switch kicks 60
    Power jacks 30
    Power knees 53
    Power jumps 9- I do NOT like these!!
    Globe jumps 7
    Suicide jumps 6
    Push up jacks 4
    Low plank oblique 20

One day down!!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    I disliked that he renamed burpees 'suicide jumps' - like they werent hard enough before!

Oooh and we're the same size, laura666666recurring - I'm also in baggy UK 16s :) You've got the advantage of a couple of inches though, jealous, I'm only 5"9 :)
  • MACThree
    MACThree Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Y'all:

I'm starting INSANITY all over again (I got lazy and fell off the horse a while back), so today was the Fit Test. I'm looking forward to DIGGING DEEPER with all of you!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    @mz
    NO MORE starting and stopping. I did that too for like 2 yrs and I ended up having a bunch of programs. We are going to do this and you are Committed therefore you will be comming here when you feel discouraged or unmotivated to work, and we will help to light that fire!

I totally DISLIKE that we can not post pictures up on MFP groups. :frown:
  • mikeyh12
    mikeyh12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Starting today with Fit Test! Can't wait to see how everyone does!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Turbomoma, do you reckon those of us which started today should just keep updating throughout on this thread, rather than start a new one for each day?

The people that started the thread for Week 2 keep updating on that thread, so it's sort of kept together? Just would be nice to keep it neat..
  • jpetcoff
    jpetcoff Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Just finished the first workout! Was sweating like a pig, but feeling great now!! Excited to continue on with you all!!
  • mnwelch
    mnwelch Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Fit Test
    Switch Kicks: 26
    Power Jacks: 27
    Power Knees: 49
    Power Jumps: 11
    Globe Jumps: 5
    Suicide Jumps: 6
    Push-up Jacks: 3
    Low Plank: 10

Just finished day 1 and it was tough!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    @ghs,

Yes, that would be great! If you all want to use this Thread to post on your daily workout that is fine. And those that are in the 2weeks ahead can stay on that one.

I will be posting daily little tid bits, motivational quotes, sometimes videos (like I already did), etc. Things I find to help keep us motivated and focused on the task at hand. For those I will post on a new thread.