Fat Loss Habit #1: Have a better breakfast

This will be the first habit to work on, starting tomorrow: Breakfast!

Your body has been in a fasting state overnight, so it is important to load up on a nutritious breakfast to help control blood sugar levels and reduce cravings later on in the day which can lead to eating too much!

Research has shown that fat loss is much easier to achieve when you start the day with a high-fiber, high protein breakfast to get the body going. Most of us do not get enough fiber in us, so breakfast is a perfect place to start.

What can you have? Keep it simple:

Rolled oats with water + honey + bananas, or a vegetable omlette, or half-boiled eggs/fully boiled eggs with baked beans.

If you are really pressed for time, even a bowl of fruit topped up with low-fat yoghurt (greek yoghurt or plain yoghurt is the best) is a great start to the day.

As long as you fulfill the high protein, high-fiber part, it's a good start.

Post your breakfast ideas and what you plan to have?

Your CHANGE starts now.

Replies

• This is a great read on WHY a protein-rich breakfast could prevent you from wondering to the ASTRO canteen in the morning :smile:

http://greatist.com/health/high-protein-breakfast-benefits
  • Hi Sim,

can we just take a scoop of protein powder, say Muscletech nitrotech protein powder for breakfast followed by quaker oats during tea time.
  • Hi Saiful,

You could. I suggest you add in some fibre with your protein drink , blend some oats in. Or have your protein shake and a piece of fruit, so you get the fibre element.

Quacker oats are ok, have it mixed with water is the better option if you are looking to minimize unneccesary calories
  • JattOBC
    JattOBC Posts: 1
    Hey Saiful,

What I always do in the morning is either put my oats in my protein shake like what Sim suggested or have my oats with a serving (1-2 scoops) of protein powder in it.

Try it out and let us know.
  • Great. will do.