Rest Day?

Options
laele75
laele75 Posts: 283 Member
I know many people take two days off a week, but up until today I haven't taken a day off from my exercise. My exercise is very low impact and I never do anything for more than half an hour. But I had the worst flare I've had in years today. Even laying in bed hurt too much to sleep. The flare itself was mostly caused by migraines, TOM and a near miss fall on the bus yesterday conspiring against me. But since I haven't had a rest day in two months, I may have been overdoing it. This is also the first day I haven't had stiff legs if I don't cycle, so maybe I do need a rest day once a week.

I am seeing my doctor and the pain clinic next week, but I was wondering what works for the rest of you. Days off, lighter days, etc? I have been doing lighter workouts on bad days, but today was too bad to even think about it. I just don't want to repeat this particular horror, so I figured I'd ask for those with more experience with exercise and fibro.

Thanks.

Replies

• krissa3670
    krissa3670 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, firstly well done on the amount of work you are doing thats incredible without any rest days. I try to have two and just do them at the weekend when i stay at my boyfriends. The only thing i do there is maybe go on his wobble board which he has for 10 minutes. Keep up the great work :) x