The Yellow Team Loft !

Options

Replies

• adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    These past 3 days have seriously been the best! So many NSVs! First, someone noticed that I had been losing weight! Then, I ran 12 miles and felt great afterward! Then, I tried on a pair of jeans that hadn't fit in almost a year, and THEY FIT!! According to the scale, I haven't lost much, if any, weight this week, but I don't care right now!

Anyway, challenge updates so far:
    1. 3/4: days of exercise
    2. 1/1: something new
    3. 350/350: squats, I did 100 yesterday!
    4. 2/2: meals including fish
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    4/27/13

!. 4/4 days of 30 min.of cardio
    2. already done
    3.squats 1050/350
    4.no rest today..(rest day will be Sunday)
    5.3/2 fish
  • Susiej1976
    Susiej1976 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Here is my week. Sorry I was MIA.... Been a long week.
    1. 4 days of 30 min.of walking
    2. Arena football and races
    3.squats 60 x 30 = 180
    4.rest day will be Friday
    5. 1 fish (fast food fish sandwich :( so no pictures)
  • Susiej1976
    Susiej1976 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Weight 214.5
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    4/28/13

!. 4/4 days of 30 min.of cardio
    2. already done
    3.squats 1050/350
    4.REST DAY
    5.3/2 fish

WEIGHT: 166.6LBS. down .04lbs this week:smile:
  • yangi1
    yangi1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi all, here is my final update for this week

1. 4/7 days of 30 min.of cardio
    2. Done last Monday
    3.270/350 squats
    4. 2 rest days
    5.2/2 fish

I have weighed in and I'm now 128lbs. Lost 2 pounds very haapy with that.
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi lovelies,

Wow what a commitment from all of you !!! I am so pleased with your efforts I hope you will like this week's challenges .

This is our second week challenge !!!! Have fun and get healthy!

There is lbs reward for each part of this challenge

max 7 lbs

Exercise
    1. 4 days out of 7 of 30-45 min cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best!

sessions of jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer or treadmill,Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, DVD , Gym etc.
    (moderate cleaning doesn't count ;) !!! )

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed to do at least 4 sessions!!!

2. Try something new or something you didn't do for a while - independent exercise of your choice for 30 min session at least!!! I know its getting harder to come up with something new :-)) ... so don't worry too much it can be anything interesting unusual - special you would like to share :-))

If you lack inspiration, you can try swimming, clubbing (DANCING!!!), another class at your local gym, or that new DVD , take tennis rackets and go play tennis with kids in park ... or football ... I found out trampoline extremely hard in 0 challenge :-) and since I went to work last week I repeated it 2x and love it :-))

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed

so this week we will concentrate on abs!!! And main challenge Bicycle Crunch.

How to Properly do a Bicycle Crunch
    Lie on your back on a mat with knees bent, feet on the floor, and hands behind your head (don’t clasp your fingers). Press your lower back into the mat and tighten your ab muscles as you lift your head, shoulders, and upper back off the floor and simultaneously move your right elbow and left knee toward each other while straightening your right leg (don’t let it touch the ground).

Draw your right knee back up and immediately move your left elbow and right knee toward each other while straightening your left leg; that’s one rep. Continue to move continuously, as if pedaling a bicycle. Do 3 sets of 15 reps 3 times a week. (so 135 )

2qdvcpy.png

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed 2 lbs for most Bicycle Crunches - BUT DON'T OVER DO IT!!!

<b> And we please keep doing squats - why to have abs to kill for without nice booty :-)</b>

so Best Butt Exercises For Women: Squats
    Squats are one of the best butt exercises you can do to build a nice round booty and sexy legs. Make sure you keep your abs tight, back straight, weight on heels, and sit your butt back. - there is only 140 to do - try to spread them in at least 3 days!! but of course if you can and want do more . (There is no advantage lbs for squats this week.)

4. Don't forget to take a day rest! Your body needs it.

5. For the WEEK 2 FOOD challenge, I thought we might still keep it BASIC ( I think we will always keep it basic ) ! Let's take this week to focus on breakfast and cooking - preparing breakfast - let other inspire you with their choices and recipes ! I know from looking into diaries - there is so many of you skipping it , but girls (as far as I know we don't have a man in our challenge) come on this is not good for us.

there is NO excuse girls and having 7x a week breakfast is the only way to get 1 lbs advantage (sorry there is only medical excuse not to have a breakfast - please let me know if you need exception)

Keep drinking water - even if it is not our topic!!! I hope you picked up some good tips. I hope you got inspired with fish recipes and will keep eating 2x a week fish or other meals that include omega-3 fatty acids as a highlight

cooking challenge
    Also, I will be doing Cooking Challenge for week 2. It will run from today april 29th - may 5th . I need the pictures and ingredients of 1 breakfast you were having this week for yourself . I will be judging on healthiness, calorie amount and presentation .

You must send picture + recipe here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/973760-cooking-challenge-for-week-2-breakfast The requirement this week is breakfast.

Best recipe will get 2 lbs advantage for week 3 weigh in and everyone who post picture will get 1lbs

To sum it
    4/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage
    1 session of something new - let us know what - 1lbs advantage
    135 Bicycle Crunches spread in 3 days - 1 lbs for the everyone who manage to do 135 Bicycle Crunches an extra 1 lbs for person with most squats
    7xbreakfast - 1 lbs advantage
    recipe - 1 lbs for everyone who post recipe extra 1 lbs for best recipe
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    my stats from last week (sorry I didn't post last night, was moving my sister)

I only ate fish once (oopps)
    and finished with 300 squats didnt get those last 50 in sorry guys
    but I did work out 5 days this week!

and I am now at 205.3lbs (down 2.9 pounds!)
  • adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Weight: 197.2 (only down 0.2 pounds, but I had a lot of NSVs, so I'm happy)

4/4 exercise days completed
    2/2 fish meals completed
    350/350 squats completed
    1/1 new exercise completed

It wasn't a great week for my weight loss, but a good week overall.
  • still_a_caterpillar
    Options
    HI Girls,
    I really really really want to thank you for helping to fill in the spreadsheet. I was going to fill it in tonight, I've just been really busy. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! GO YELLOW!!!!

<3

xoxo
    emmy

P.S. Can we keep that going and I'll be better about checking in with you guys on Sunday nights to fill in any outstanding blanks? I'm really sorry, I feel like I'm being a s#!t captain, but I'm REALLY rooting for us! For realsies! Also, if I could share my homemade wheat bread with all of you, I would :)
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    4/29/13

1/7 days exercise

nothing new yet

225/135 Bicycle Crunches

240 squats

no rest day

10 glasses of water

1/7xbreakfast

recipe -not yet
  • yangi1
    Options
    Hi Ladies, how is week 2 going. I'm really enjoying this as its giving me motivation (and I usually lose that quickly). Here is my starts so far for this week:

29/4/2013

1. 1/7 sessions of exercise
    2. nothing new yet
    3. no Bicycle Crunches yet
    4. No rest today
    5. 1/7 breakfast
    6. No recipe posted

Please can I have some tips on how to drink more water. After week 0 challenge I'm back to hardly drinking any.
  • still_a_caterpillar
    Options
    Do you have sugar free flavored seltzer? It's a big deal in Massachusetts - there are even CRAZY seasonal flavors like Boston cream pie and egg nog and vanilla pear...

As someone who grew up in Texas, I don't understand it much, but I'm fond of the lime flavor...
  • ReDeCook
    ReDeCook Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    Thanks for messaging me. I actually didn't have a chance to weigh in this week. However, I am getting a physical at the doctor today and I will get all my stats updated today. I will try to do better with the challenge next week.
    Renee
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    4/30/13

2/7 days exercise

started the bridge 2 10 k program

450/135 Bicycle Crunches

490 squats

no rest day

10 glasses of water

2/7xbreakfast

recipe -not yet
  • ReDeCook
    ReDeCook Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Week 1 -
    didn't go so well. I lost one of my jobs and ended up comforting myself with beer after getting home from my second job. I used this part-time job as my exercise since I am on my feet all day. I didn't go out of my way to track because I felt guilty and depressed. I also didn't eat fish because I am a vegetarian. All around not so great. Sorry for complaining, but I am disappointed in myself.

Week 2 -
    Monday
    Walked a bunch at work, I want to count that as that day's exercise.
    Had a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast. I feel that has healthy proteins with omega 3 fats. Not sure if the bread was very good for my efforts.

Tuesday
    Rest day - I had a doctor's appointment and a physical to make sure what my doctor can recommend for weight loss and healthy lifestyle changes. I was also accepting into nursing school, so this was a requirement. killed two birds with one stone. Looks like I'm good to go. Starting this week fresh with a more positive attitude than last week.
    Had a pb&j sandwich for breakfast - good fats and omega 3 in peanut butter, and good sugars in the natural jam. I am in love with Trader Joe's organic and natural staple ingredients. yum!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    5/1/13

3/7 days exercise

started the bridge 2 10 k program

675/135 Bicycle Crunches

490 squats

no rest day

10 glasses of water

3/7xbreakfast

recipe -not yet
  • yangi1
    Options
    Hi all, Sorry haven't updated the last couple of days been very busy. I got to try 30DS dvd on Tuesday. To say my body hurts in places I never thought existed is an understatment but I loved it! here is my starts so far:

30/4/2013

2. 30DS DVD
    3. 1/3 bicycle ccrunches
    4. No rest today
    5. 2/7 breakfast
    6. No recipe posted

01/05/13

2. 1/1 new
    3. 1/3 bicycle ccrunches
    4. Rest today
    5.3/7 breakfast
    6. No recipe posted
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been posting, been a busy week (had 3 birthdays this week so far!)

I have exercised Monday and Wednesday. I tried kick boxing on Monday and that is something new! (YAY!)

I have had breakfast every day so far (monday a cheese omelette, tuesday mini wheats cereal, wednesday shreddies cereal)

I have completed 35 B.crunches on monday and 25 B.crunches on Wednesday.
  • still_a_caterpillar
    Options
    Strawberry flavored Airborne (do you lovely UK ladies have that?) tastes like nothing. Better than tasting like the Devil's sweat I guess lol...BUT I CANNOT GET SICK!!! :(