Week 4 - oh yea!!

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Well we are coming into week 4 now! I'm wondering how many people that started are still with us? Hardly anyone stops by and posts anymore...

I'm excited for sure. I actually can't wait until "Rest week" - call me crazy, but I loved it last round...and it kicks your butt in a different way...trust that! :)

Replies

• JusDoIt4
    JusDoIt4 Posts: 21
    Options
    No worries im still doing the challenge :D Im excited too i actually love doing the workouts seeing how i get better every time just gets me more motivated!
  • kels1152
    kels1152 Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm still here and have done all the workouts thus far :)
    My weight has stayed the same, even gained a few pounds unfortunately but...I will be doing measurements at the end of this upcoming week to see if those few lbs gained were muscle while losing some inches

:)
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Awesome guys!! :) I am at a bit of a plateau...I think my body is freaking out with all of the activity. I had thought the scale moved a bit Sunday but that may have just been a bit of fluctuation. I am losing inches like crazy though. But I am going to try upping my cals a bit for a few days this week and see if that's my problem.
  • kels1152
    kels1152 Posts: 74
    Options
    What kind of plateau have you hit..like not losing weight anymore? If so, I'm right there with ya. I weighed myself recently and I'm up about 2lbs. I know it's not that much but I want the numbers to be going the other way. I'm going to be doing measurements at the end of this week so maybe there's some change there.
    Since that weight increase I've been trying to increase my calorie burn since surprisingly, I dont burn too much during insanity. Today, pure cardio and abs, I only burned about 330...soooo not happy with that number, haha.
  • nikkidoll80
    nikkidoll80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am still here. I did not do 3 days of Insanity during week 3. I did not do Cardio Recovery but I did Boot Camp that night. I did not do Cardio Power & Resistance or Plyometric Cardio Circuit for Day 19 and 20.

I have exams this week and with all the studying I was just exhausted. I also think I have injured my ankles because I can barely do any of the jumps for an extended amount of time. Any suggestions?

I started back this morning and I am pushing through.I try to modify the exercises that I can not do with something else. I did finally purchase a scale and lost some weight from where I started. (4.4 lbs).

I also lost some more inches from my chest from last week 37.4 to 36.9 and my waist 36 to 35.2. I am measuring how round my stomach is because it bulges a lot. Last week it was 35.2 and this week it went back up to 36.

Hang in there everyone!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    What kind of plateau have you hit..like not losing weight anymore? If so, I'm right there with ya. I weighed myself recently and I'm up about 2lbs. I know it's not that much but I want the numbers to be going the other way. I'm going to be doing measurements at the end of this week so maybe there's some change there.
    Since that weight increase I've been trying to increase my calorie burn since surprisingly, I dont burn too much during insanity. Today, pure cardio and abs, I only burned about 330...soooo not happy with that number, haha.

yes my weight isn't budging. I know it's only been about 10 days with no loss, and i have lost inches, but i want that validation on the scale! lol
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I am still here. I did not do 3 days of Insanity during week 3. I did not do Cardio Recovery but I did Boot Camp that night. I did not do Cardio Power & Resistance or Plyometric Cardio Circuit for Day 19 and 20.

I have exams this week and with all the studying I was just exhausted. I also think I have injured my ankles because I can barely do any of the jumps for an extended amount of time. Any suggestions?

I started back this morning and I am pushing through.I try to modify the exercises that I can not do with something else. I did finally purchase a scale and lost some weight from where I started. (4.4 lbs).

I also lost some more inches from my chest from last week 37.4 to 36.9 and my waist 36 to 35.2. I am measuring how round my stomach is because it bulges a lot. Last week it was 35.2 and this week it went back up to 36.

Hang in there everyone!

When i get tired from the jumps I'll do squats. i'm sure that would be easier on your ankles..
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I've come to realize that while this is a great program, it may not be what I need to get the results I want. I will continue with it for a little longer - I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel. I have also gained about 2 pounds, and I am not seeing any change in shape/inches. I will be getting my BF and measurements checked a week from Wednesday (the 30 day mark). I'm giving it until then. If no positive changes, I'm moving on. Cardiovascularly, I'm in great shape from running marathons, so I am not getting much of a calorie burn with this program. I'm looking into adding more weight/strength training in and less of the cardio. I really do need to break my cardio addiction and build strength.

For now, and those of us still chugging along - let's raise our water bottles to another successful week completed! I'm amazed and impressed with determination and focus each of you show day in and day out. It an be a real struggle to fit the workout in somedays, or eat on point, but you each inspire me everyday to keep going. Thanks!!!
  • nikkidoll80
    nikkidoll80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I will definitely try the squats tomorrow. I think that I can handle that.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Plyo today and my last workout for week 4!!!! AAAHHHHHH can't believe phase 1 is coming to a close already. How does everyone feel knowing they are almost half way through Insanity?