Friendships and Whatnot

Options
I used to be on this site quite a bit, then I stopped for a long time. Now I'm back. I'm really trying to not only turn my health around, but pretty much my whole life. I've had to get rid of some toxic people in my life(and still working on a few others) and I'm really trying to make new friends... But Cincinnati people just aren't budging. I feel like everyone is so content that they aren't willing to accept new people into their lives. It's like, if you aren't already in their life, don't even bother. But that's just been my experience with friends.

I'm a cool gal! I promise! I'm nice, I care about people and things... If anyone in the Cincy or NKY area are willing to have a new friend in their life, here I am! *does a dance with jazz hands*

Please feel free to post if you are having friendship woes, or would like to get out there and meet new friends, as well. =)

-Heather

Replies

• mjessim
    mjessim Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I moved down here 5 years ago right out of college. I still haven't made that many friends. Want to meet up for a run or a tea sometime?
  • MeVsTheWorld
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request! Which, I don't know why I'm telling you on here... So now this is awkward...

No wonder I don't have many friends. ha!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I understand getting rid of toxic people. I am trying to do that myself (however, mine is just mainly my ex boyfriend--I'm trying to move on still and it's hard). Sometimes I feel like it's hard to meet new people, especially when you are not into the bar scene (I am not). We should start a walking group or something! :)
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I've been going through something similar.... pretty much trying to get out of the cycle of going out to places I don't enjoy with people I don't particularly want to see... all leading me to drink way more than I'd like to, because that is all my *friends* seem to ever want to do. Since the beginning of the year, I've been pretty stubborn about doing things I don't want to do anymore, and I think my life has been a lot more fulfilling because of it....
  • mjessim
    mjessim Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Em2je05, On Saturday's when it's nice I like to hit up the trails at one of the area parks. Want to meet up and go for a walk sometime?
  • staceyw73
    staceyw73 Posts: 49
    Options
    if you deside to put a walking group together let me know. I been here in cinci for 3 years now and only know a couple people (boyfriends co workers mainly). I'm not into going out to the bars. I main stay home unless I have a reason to go out somewere. I want to start goign to the parks but dont want to go alone and boyfriend works out of town alot. I live in the avondale area but would like to see more of cinci. before I forget Im not a fast walker hopfuly one day my speed will pick up.
    Stacey
  • jssue2
    jssue2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Unlike most of you, I've lived in Cincinnati my whole long life. I'm 53. I live on the west side, but would love to meet up for a walking group. Saturday mornings would work for me. I'm open to driving to parks around town. I'm not turtle slow, but not Flash Gordon fast, somewhere in between.... and it would be great to have some of you newer to the area ladies get a chance to make some friends. I'm older to the area and I'd love to make some friends who would share motivation with me.

Warning, I have a zany sense of humor, am a bit talkative at times, and get really swooney at any and all mentions fo Robert Downey Jr., so you can imagine what I'm like right now with Iron Man 3 at the cinema!

Peace!

Oh, I forgot, my name is Sue. :-)
  • JustVegas
    JustVegas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been here for about 18 years and I totally get what you are talking about, it's hard to break in to a new group of friends. I'd love to meet up for a walk with everyone that mentioned it. You might also try Meet Up, it connects local people by interest. I joined for a while but never went to a meet up. There are walking groups, hiking groups, everything really.
    Anyway, I need more exercise and I like people so I'd be up for a walk sometime!