First day!

Options
elizak87
elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
Yesterday was my first day and I loved it! I felt strong doing it and felt I did it without a struggle. However, I am feeling I today! I kust wanted to say I am done lurking here and part of the gang. Whoo!

Replies

• PandaPop87
    PandaPop87 Posts: 131
    Options
    Hey Eliza, it's my first day today, and I am a little nervous, but I hope I feel as elated as you do!
  • emmycaitlin0304
    emmycaitlin0304 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my first day! I'm not worried about the workouts themselves, just making sure I do the right ones, in the right order and at the right weight! I'm still really confused about how much weight to start with.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day as well and I almost felt like it was too easy. The only thing I struggled with were the prone jacknifes and that might just be beacuse I need to put more air in my ball. I was surprised that it only calls for 15 squats. I can do at least 50 in a row using only body weight. I guess I better increase my weights next workout.

It also went a lot quicker than I thought it would. I rested the 60 seconds between sets and I was done in I think 20 minutes.

Kinda underwhelmed so far and I am new to weights.
  • emmycaitlin0304
    emmycaitlin0304 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this program, but not new to weights. The first stage workouts are supposed to be short from what I've been reading. If you can do 50 squats with just bodyweight, then you probably do need to up your weight a good bit on those.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting today, so sending all of you FRs, I need more friends that have like lifestyles (eating and lifting)!
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I had my first day last Thursday and my legs were killing me for days. Learning to not push too hard is going to be key for me.
  • jolenelf
    jolenelf Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just completed my second workout. I thought the first day was too easy when I completed it, but it was three days before I could walk normally, I was so sore! I have been running and decided I need to start doing some heavy lifting to get some shape and muscle instead of just doing cardio. Glad to meet you all who are just starting out also!
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I just started last week. Today was day 3. I was so sore after day 2 those dead lifts killed my bum feeling much better today. Did 35lb squats today felt great. Those Prone jack knifes are crazy hard to keep the balance
  • pearlap73
    pearlap73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today was day one for me, too!!
  • kmbweber2014
    Options
    I feel like I am dying doing prone jacknifes, I can only do 5. Am I the only one that finds them so hard?
  • pearlap73
    pearlap73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am dying doing prone jacknifes, I can only do 5. Am I the only one that finds them so hard?

No, it's not just you. =) I found them very difficult, too. And I'm not entirely sure my form was right. My core is really weak after 3 c-sections. I'm sure that it will get easier the more we do them. Hang in there!
  • kmbweber2014
    Options

No, it's not just you. =) I found them very difficult, too. And I'm not entirely sure my form was right. My core is really weak after 3 c-sections. I'm sure that it will get easier the more we do them. Hang in there!

I had someone watching to make sure my form was right and I just couldn't get in anymore. I am pretty used to doing at least 4 one minute planks a week and I just couldn't do them. But I'm going to keep trying and it will get better.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have only done stage one workout a. Next day is thursday as today I have a pt session. I did 10kg dumbells for the step ups. Thats on each arm (think thats about 26lb), only 12.5kg to squat (will need to go up) and cable rows were like 49kg. Dont know if that helps.
  • abenardini
    abenardini Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day and I am feeling it! I had some crazy abdominal surgery back in December (2012) and am just getting back to working out. I used to workout like a crazy person so I was surprised how hard a couple of the first workouts were. The Prone Jackknife was SO challenging and today I am really feeling my abs. Funny situation though yesterday, I lifted a 50lb bar over my head, did the 15 squats and I couldn't get it back over my head!! I had to have some random guy help me..so embarrassing but very funny. Someone was using the squat rack FOREVER!! Hopefully on Friday it will be available. Otherwise I might have to use the Smith machine..not ideal but neither is getting the bar stuck on my shoulders.

Are any of you doing any additional cardio? I am a TurboKick addict and I am not sure if I can stop going to those classes. I really enjoy them so I think I will do NROL4W on Sunday, Wednesday and Fridays and Kickboxing Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Giving me one day of total rest. What about any of you?
  • avielosesit
    avielosesit Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just completed my second workout. I thought the first day was too easy when I completed it, but it was three days before I could walk normally, I was so sore! I have been running and decided I need to start doing some heavy lifting to get some shape and muscle instead of just doing cardio. Glad to meet you all who are just starting out also!

This is exactly me too... Running a lot but want muscle and strength to get faster and prevent injuries. Tomorrow is my 3rd NROLFW workout (in other words second A workout).

At the time I thought workout A was easier than B, but I was much more sore after A.
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've also just started this week. Tomorrow will be the first B workout. I'm really excited about this and looking for friends for motivation and also who know what I'm talking about!

Really enjoyed the A but found the step-ups hard as I only have the choice between a too low step or a too high step where my leg isn't parallel. The prone jackknifes were hard and I think I wasn't lifting my bum up in the air so need to correct form on that one for next time. Anyone else fall off the ball when finishing the PJKs? Luckily for me, I was the only one in the gym so there were no witnesses to my less than graceful dismounts!

I've been mostly running prior to this but want to decrease my runs to maybe 2, 3 max a week while I embark on NROL4W.

~Katia
  • JackieA47
    JackieA47 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey, I did my first workout today!! Am really pleased that I got on and did it in the gym, although I had to re-order part of it as there was a gym challenge on and there were people in the way of where I needed to be! But still, I got on and did it! Think I'll be increasing weights more next time as I didn't feel like I was pushing myself.
    And I too felt like the prone jack knifes were really hard and there were a couple of wobbly points where I almost fell off! luckily I stabilised myself before I did! :)
  • Shtallionchick14
    Shtallionchick14 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who started! I am in the middle of Stage 3. The Stage 1 workouts go quickly, but you will soon miss the short workouts. Great job everyone and feel free to add me if you want some extra support.
  • avielosesit
    avielosesit Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    those PJKs are so hard... but then the swiss ball crunches are pretty easy (for me). Anyone else feel this way??

I did workout B1 this morning. I read somewhere that it's better to do resistance training in the evenings (or at least 1 hr after you wake up). I have evening events today & tomorrow so hit the gym at 6am to get in a workout. It was much, much harder, and I found that I had to use my 60 seconds to stretch out my back. Maybe I didn't warm up quite enough? I am sometimes guilty of this in morning workouts because I am always in a rush to get out of the gym and get to work on time!
  • kmbweber2014
    Options
    those PJKs are so hard... but then the swiss ball crunches are pretty easy (for me). Anyone else feel this way??

I feel exactly the same way. I did double the swiss ball crunches with 15lb weights but the PJK's I could only do 5 then my body refused to do anymore.

I was way more sore after workout A so I am thinking I need to kick it up for workout B and tone it down for workout A. After my first day I was walking funny for 4 days and had the hardest time with stairs.