Hello?

Options
JAllen32
JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
Anyone in here? I got an invite, but see no activity! :-) Hi!

Replies

• lynsx30
    lynsx30 Posts: 5
    Options
    hi all
    i was diagonised with pcos 2yrs ago and dr only doing something now - after she told me that i am not ovulating and its my responsiblity to loose weight as this may restart my periods and ovulation - my GP not very sympathic btw.
    started on metformin - 500mg od for a wk then 500mg bd for a wk increasing to 500mg tds to continue.
    read lots of research on internet (as GP rubbish and gave me no advice apart from loose weight and then we may refer u to fertility clinic).
    seen some really positive success stories - so fingers crossed.
    am currently on week 2 of metformin so currently 500mg bd - no side effects so far…….also completing race for life bristol in july so have a running plan on the go atm. - but want to increase exercise and eat healthy.
    anyone know when periods can restart from taking metformin - read: can be 3wks from starting??!
    also any ideas when ovulation may kick-start?
    feeling positive and looking forward to that positive preg test lol (hopefully by xmas2013 - my goal)
    any feedback/support would be gorgeous
  • allGlitznGlam
    Options
    JAllen32 wrote: »
    Anyone in here? I got an invite, but see no activity! :-) Hi!
    Hi Dear!
    The group is back up and running! How's your weight loss journey and your road to baby going?
    xoxo
  • allGlitznGlam
    Options
    lynsx30 wrote: »
    hi all
    i was diagonised with pcos 2yrs ago and dr only doing something now - after she told me that i am not ovulating and its my responsiblity to loose weight as this may restart my periods and ovulation - my GP not very sympathic btw.
    started on metformin - 500mg od for a wk then 500mg bd for a wk increasing to 500mg tds to continue.
    read lots of research on internet (as GP rubbish and gave me no advice apart from loose weight and then we may refer u to fertility clinic).
    seen some really positive success stories - so fingers crossed.
    am currently on week 2 of metformin so currently 500mg bd - no side effects so far…….also completing race for life bristol in july so have a running plan on the go atm. - but want to increase exercise and eat healthy.
    anyone know when periods can restart from taking metformin - read: can be 3wks from starting??!
    also any ideas when ovulation may kick-start?
    feeling positive and looking forward to that positive preg test lol (hopefully by xmas2013 - my goal)
    any feedback/support would be gorgeous
    Hi Love!
    Wow what a story! I know it's been some time since you posted it. How is everything going now? Did the medicine end up helping? I can't wait to hear back
    xoxox