Article: Goal Setting

Options
tameekag
tameekag Posts: 84 Member
I thought this was a good post on goal setting and I wanted to share it with the group.

Goal Setting - How to Stay Motivated - from Fitness Motivation for Ordinary People

smart+goals.jpg

1. Concentrate on a few small goals
2. Learn to say no
3. Create milestones
4. Have a plan
5. Track your results
6. Join a group and have a goal buddy
7. Be clear on why you have this goal

Read the entire blog post here: http://fitnessmotivated.blogspot.com/2013/04/goal-setting-how-to-stay-motivated.html

Replies

• TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This was extremely helpful. The second step "Learn to say NO" is one I need to remember. I tend to let my schedule and planned activities be put on the back burner for others. Not this time! I'm making it to 20 in 75!!
  • missharleychick
    Options
    This was extremely helpful. The second step "Learn to say NO" is one I need to remember. I tend to let my schedule and planned activities be put on the back burner for others. Not this time! I'm making it to 20 in 75!!

You have such a great attitude everywhere you post!!!! Learning to say No is tough...other things have always been more of a priority than meeting our goal. I am right there with you, I am not letting my splints slow me down. I almost did, but I refuse too... Your story about the student was very encouraging!!!!
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options

You have such a great attitude everywhere you post!!!! Learning to say No is tough...other things have always been more of a priority than meeting our goal. I am right there with you, I am not letting my splints slow me down. I almost did, but I refuse too... Your story about the student was very encouraging!!!!

Thank you! I try to be as optimistic as possible. I want to be happy and skinny, so I m trying the happy out first. lol I tend to be more concern with others meeting their goals, (as you could probably tell from my story.) but now its all about me and making me a priority. BTW that student is healing nicely and should be on his way to his black belt test by next January!!
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I wish there was "like" or thumbs up button in this forum. So many great posts - like yours! - that I'd like to let the member know was helpful, inspirational, or informative :flowerforyou:
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have to laugh at this...not because it's funny but because this is what I teach my patients in my Money Management group I hold. I teach/preach it, now I just need to follow it! I love SMART goals! :) It really does make a difference in achieving your goals! :)