What's in a name?

caribougal
caribougal Posts: 865 Member
What inspired your MFP name?

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    My Inuit child, friends and neighbours. My name means something similar to "always wins".
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Same name I've used on other message boards. Part where I live and part of my first name.
  • GnaBean
    GnaBean Posts: 112 Member
    My grandma always called me Gina Bean. I took the "i" out of Gina. Hard "G" is implied.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Main character in a novel I'm writing, and set of short stories. Plus, I just love the name.
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Cause it's a combination of mercy and thank you :D
  • caribougal
    I like seeing what's behind your names.

Caribou is the name of a ghost town about 30 min west and 4500 ft higher than my town. It was a silver mining town, and boomed in the 1880s. It went from a handful of prospectors one year to about 3000 people the next couple of years. It lasted about 10 years as an active town, then faded away. All that's there now is a meadow (since they clear cut the trees), one shack barely standing, and two stone foundations. It's an amazingly beautiful spot near the continental divide. Beautiful in summer... Seriously harsh in the winter. It's the main setting for my "novel" which is largely in my head and roughly outlined on paper. I'm fascinated by the idea of people flocking to some crazy remote spot, building a town, trying to create some kind of society overnight, then just leaving it a few years later. I'm especially amazed at the women who followed the men there... Trying to make money, keep a home, raise kids, cook, stay warm... All at 10,000 feet in what is essentially a wind tunnel. The other part of my story takes place in Cotapaxi, CO, another mining town that has an unbelievable history. But Caribou is easier to type than Cotapaxi.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    :) was the email address I signed up with. Did it for my memory not to symbolize anything about mfp. Although the email addres was because I love flying as a hobby.
  • AliceRabbit13
    AliceRabbit13 Posts: 138 Member
    I'm boring...first initial, middle initial, last name, year I was born. It's my email/ sign in name for just about everything. I guess I figure if people *really* want to know me or about me, they'll ask ;)
  • Lenpayasa
    Lenpayasa Posts: 69 Member
    My name is Lennie. I didn't think there would be any Paleo people tracking food, so I wanted to identify myself as such.
  • caribougal
    My name is Lennie. I didn't think there would be any Paleo people tracking food, so I wanted to identify myself as such.

LOL. We're here, tracking away.
  • MrsAbles
    MrsAbles Posts: 117 Member
    My name was inspired by my hubby. :laugh: My first name is Gail, but I couldn't seem to create an original handle using that. Whatever. It's funny when mfp'ers call me Mrs Ables tho, because I'm not formal in the least.
  • wibamagirl
    wibamagirl Posts: 35 Member
    My name is from having lived in Wisconsin and wanting to move to Alabama.I moved to Mn. instead.A lot colder than Alabama for sure!
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Pretty self explanatory - chosen lifestyle plus where I'm from (New Zealand). I wanted my name to be something anyone else could easily pick up on and to be quite clear about what I do so I could easily be identified by other primal/paleos :-)
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Carissa is my first name and Rose is my middle name. 7 is my favorite number for some reason. Hence Carissar7, but really I should have made the R capital instead of lowercase because everyone on here calls me carissar lol. Is there anyway to change your username?
  • happyheathen927
    happyheathen927 Posts: 167 Member
    First and middle initial, last name. So boring! :yawn:
  • MelanieSpicegurl
    MelanieSpicegurl Posts: 239 Member
    When The Internet started getting 'big' .. the Spicegirls were huge ..
    I am Melanie A and With Mel B (Scarey Spice) & Mel C ( Baby Spice) .. I used to say I was Mel A - 'The Original Spice Gurl' .
    It stuck and all my accounts have Spicegurl in it somehow ..
    It's getting kinda old 15 years later , so now I just go by "Old Spice" !! :laugh:
  • nynvilva
    nynvilva Posts: 54
    States in the order I have lived in them: NY, NV, IL, VA... lst's just hope I don't move otherwise that name is out the window! ;-)
  • AshleyPaleo
    AshleyPaleo Posts: 121
    New also, and I also thought I would be the only paleo person, so I put paleo in my name =)
  • strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Strychnine is a pretty lethal poison, usually used to kill things like gophers and such these days but its also deadly to folks. I first heard about it many years ago watching an episode of Unsolved Mysteries where some woman killed her husband with it. Another cool (and funny) reference to it is at the end of Office Space, when Milton is sitting on the beach and threatens (mumbling to himself, of course) to put strychnine in the guacamole and it would only look like large grains of salt.

The reason I use it here is because it's been my internet handle for a very long time because I thought it sounded cool.