RECOVERY WEEK

IamSheaMc
IamSheaMc Posts: 1,273 Member
YAY! If you made it to Recovery Week then that means you have completed the 1st month of Insanity!:drinker:

Replies

• ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Yup! Yay us! About to do Core Cardio & Balance before I have to hit the road back home. Have a great day you guys!
  • beecee13
    beecee13 Posts: 194 Member
    Just finished Core Cardio and Balance. It's quite the workout...not as intense as a normal Insanity workout but still a good challenge. I was able to get through it except for the hip flexer burner and shoulder burners....those were killer! Had to take a little break during those :tongue:

Overall it was a nice break from Month 1...it was getting a bit repetitive. The new moves in this workout were a welcome change.

Keep rocking it everyone!!
  • IamSheaMc
    Core Cardio and Balance Done! I was like "I got this" till it got to the leg move lmao "feel the burn"

Recovery week was timed perfectly, a little break from the normally intense workouts because this is finals week. Hopefully by the 3rd i'll be done with school until Fall.

Great job Shalla & Beecee! Hope to see you'll tomorrow :happy:
  • IamSheaMc
    Recovery Week day 2! Lets get it!
  • beecee13
    Day 2 of recovery week complete! It was definitely easier to get through today....only had to take a break during the last exercise (shoulder burner).

Only 5 days until month 2...I'm getting nervous (@_@) but I'm curious to see what it's all about!
  • AWWWWWW Congrats you guys!!! Sorry I didn't make it there with you but I will not quit!
  • ShallaLovee1
    You better not quit! @heavenzchild

I don't know why I didn't post after I finished my workout this morning... Where is my head? Anyways, Day 2 of Recover week complete. Trying to get mentally ready for next week. For not only Insanity but this huge Exam that's coming up on Tuesday.
  • hksilverfox
    hksilverfox Posts: 7 Member
    Congrats to all that have made it to recovery week - it means you are half way there! Sounds like it is as much a mental break as a physical one. Am persevering a week behind you and looking forward to something different. I must say I feel a bit like the little kid in the car- "are we there yet?" I get up each morning and take a quick peek in the mirror after my shower hoping for that miraculous six pack to appear. Not there yet so have to go press the play button. Getting a little frustrated that am not seeing any real results - how about those of you ahead of me - notice any differences? OK, time to hit play and agree with Mr T, this is Insanity!
  • IamSheaMc
    :drinker: Happy May:drinker:

Recovery Week Day 3

Keep working hard & logging ladies!
  • ShallaLovee1
    Congrats to all that have made it to recovery week - it means you are half way there! Sounds like it is as much a mental break as a physical one. Am persevering a week behind you and looking forward to something different. I must say I feel a bit like the little kid in the car- "are we there yet?" I get up each morning and take a quick peek in the mirror after my shower hoping for that miraculous six pack to appear. Not there yet so have to go press the play button. Getting a little frustrated that am not seeing any real results - how about those of you ahead of me - notice any differences? OK, time to hit play and agree with Mr T, this is Insanity!

Just keep going you'll see results. I notice a little change in my arms and my thighs are tightening. I think I would see more definition in my core if I eat a little better but it's the small things that count. Are you noticing anything mentally different? Your endurance? That's one thing I started to notice right away and it made me happier than the body change.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 487 Member
    Starting recovery week sat or sunday. I remember very so well enjoying it before the max workouts. lol.
  • ShallaLovee1
    Core Cardio & Balance Recovery day 3 complete!
  • stayceyoung
    stayceyoung Posts: 5 Member
    Phew. Finally made it to Recovery Week. My shoulders might be burning tomorrow! But I still got a good workout.
  • ShallaLovee1
    Day 4 of Recovery week done! Where is everyone who's in Recovery week? Hope you all are getting it done.
  • beecee13
    Hey everyone!! Just realized I forgot to check in yesterday. Day 3 & 4 of recovery week complete. Keep rocking it everyone!
  • IamSheaMc
    yeah keep pushing ladies!

Finals week is tougher than I anticipated :frown: taking up my time..I have my final exam on tomorrow then I'm freeeeee :bigsmile:

Recovery week day 4 done!
  • IamSheaMc
    Recovery week day 5

Done! only 1 more workout till Month 2 begins :noway:
  • ShallaLovee1
    Day 5 of Recovery Week. I slept most of my day away so I just got it done at 4 something today. One more day of Recovery week and onto month 2. Ready to kick some *kitten*!
    how are those hip moves for you?
  • IamSheaMc
    Recovery week day 6 yea baby! Done!
    no more Grad school till Aug so I can give month 2 100% and eat better! :glasses:

Month 2? bring it on!
  • ShallaLovee1
    Ahh you are so lucky! I have this huge exam on Tuesday and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to go by my workouts and all for that day. I want to get it done before school but I don't want to wake up before 8am. Hahaha!

My hip flexor is good haven't really had any problems with it since recovery so I'm hoping it will continue to be nice. Thanks for asking!