What anime made you cry the most?

Options
2»

Replies

• JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    Hakuoki was pretty sad but in particular Clannad episodes and the entire 2nd half of fruit basket it would be easier to count the moments I wasnt watching them through a waterfall of my own tears :'(
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    It's between Soredemo (blah blah long name), and Fruits Basket. If I had to choose, I'd say F.B., since there was more than one tear jerking scene.
  • green_2
    green_2 Posts: 11
    Options
    No contest. Grave of the Fireflies.

Me and my buddy watched it in high school. We were downstairs in his basement when his mom came down to two 300lbs offensive linemen sobbing to a "cartoon." Her eyes kind of bulged in shock and confusion, then she shook her head and went back up stairs. :laugh:

Grave of the fireflies is a masterpiece. Cried on that one too. Great answer.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Clannad, of course. That includes Afterstory. Barely held it together at the end of Gurren Lagaan.

I cry at the end of FMA:B, no matter how many times I watch it...

I've cried from laughter a few times from Nichijou, but I don't think that counts.
  • Absterdam
    Absterdam Posts: 50
    Options
    DBZ will always be my favorite. This is a video i made of my brother headbanging and lip syncing to one of the Japanese theme songs. Goofy guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25aJVJhOdWY
  • allenthegirl
    Options
    One Piece.
    I never thought I would cry over a fictitious ship but that series proved me wrong.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Code Geass. EVERY FREAKIN TIME. My brother and I watch that show once a year, and every time we are bawling at the same stupid spots. It's masochistic, really.

After reading this, I went and marathoned CG. The whooooole series was crazy (I feel weird for laughing at Euphemia's... incident), but yeah, the feels.
  • AlyssasDiet
    Options
    It's a tie between Clannad After Story and AnoHana. :cry:
  • LaxPoppa
    LaxPoppa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mirai Nikki and Elfen Lied hit hardest. However there are many....hard not to with the character development and story depth that seems to be prevalent in much of the anime out there.
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Neither of them are series (and one is a game), but I will not be ashamed to admit that I bawled during Crisis Core and Grave of the Fireflies.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Wolf's Rain
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Clannad After Story made me cry the most..
    i do have a few that made me cry mostly because I stayed up late to finish them and they disappointed me..
    Itazura na Kiss and Toradora were those 2..

Also I cried to Angel Beats, Air, Kanon 2006, and Little Busters...Key Anime's are the most touching I guess. :D
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add that I just finished Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 last night and that one definitely is one of those "shoulda warned me to have some kleenex tissues...."
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I don't think an anime has ever made me actually cry, but Inuyasha made me very sad. A lot of others tugged at my heart strings to make me feel empathetic for the characters, like Claymore.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Naruto and FMA...movie-wise if you don't sob watching Grave of the Fireflies, you have NO soul. Which will come in handy when I take over the world... 9ed1b933.gif
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Fruits Basket def for me!! And Naruto is doing a great job at making me cry like a baby as well.
    I cry at everything though..Overly sensitive overweight girl FTL XD

When jiraiya died and Itachi after his reanimated death I was in full blown tears.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Future Diary made me cry a ridiculous amount. =_= Maybe I was just super emotional at the time? haha
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ oooo good one. One of my most favorite mangas. So intense!