Motivational Quotes - Daily Fitspiration for All!

Options
srcardinal10
srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
So, if you read my post in the welcome group, long-winded as it was, I mentioned that I went through a ROUGH break-up at the beginning of the year. Once I started battling to get out of my funk, I got into quotes pretty seriously. Each day, I wake up and write down one new quote on a post-it and place it on my mirror. Sometimes, I write things that I see online, over hear, or read in books. I am starting this group for all of us to share some of the things we use to keep us going. Because as the old saying goes, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going!"

Since today is the 1st/2nd day of the challenge per se, I want to share this one with all of you Super Summer Challengers:

"I am stronger than this challenge; this challenge is making me stronger."

You will succeed. You can do this. You are strong. We are all here as a tool for support, encouragement, motivation, and advice. Don't give up on yourself. I'm not giving up on you.

xoxo,
Sierra

Replies

• mylifemadelite
    Options
    My favorite is:

Progress not perfection.

It always helps to remind me that even if I make a decision that leads me astray I should keep moving forward. Every little baby step counts.

Recently this one resonates with me:

Discipline is just choosing between want you want NOW and what you what MOST.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    This is more funny than inspirational... but I love it (especially since it came from my favorite artist, Kid Rock!)

"Everything in moderation including moderation!" :bigsmile:
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    On the more serious side, here is a sanskrit mantra I got from an email from a local yoga studio: Lokaha Samastaha Sukino Bhavantu: "May all beings everywhere be happy and free and may the thoughts, words and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all."
  • fitOsaurus_Rex_we_changed
    Options
    On the more serious side, here is a sanskrit mantra I got from an email from a local yoga studio: Lokaha Samastaha Sukino Bhavantu: "May all beings everywhere be happy and free and may the thoughts, words and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all."

oh my gosh do I love this!
  • fitOsaurus_Rex_we_changed
    Options
    i love the one in the picture for the challenge....The difference between TRY and TRIUMPH is a little UMPH...i have that as the background on my phone now
  • Peg_M
    Peg_M Posts: 34
    Options
    Don't dwell on the storms of life.....
    ....Always look for the RAINBOWS!!!
  • srcardinal10
    Options
    May 2, 2013: "Do something today that your future self today will thank you for."

xoxo,
    Sierra
  • srcardinal10
    Options
    i love the one in the picture for the challenge....The difference between TRY and TRIUMPH is a little UMPH...i have that as the background on my phone now

hehe! I'm glad that you liked it!!!
  • srcardinal10
    Options
    "Remind yourself that NOBODY is built like YOU. You design yourself."
  • srcardinal10
    Options
    Bold action in the face of uncertainty is not only terrifying but necessary in the pursuit of great work.
  • kbprado
    kbprado Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Here's something I found in a blog I was reading awhile go:

"You have a choice. You can either throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off of your face." - Gatorade
  • srcardinal10
    Options
    "You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage - pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically - to say 'no' to other things. And the way to do that is by having a bigger 'yes' burning inside." Stephen Covey
  • kbprado
    kbprado Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    From my best friend out-of-state: "It's about where you're going, not where you were.."
  • Elly115
    Elly115 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    "You are confined only by the walls you build yourself."
    I love this! Because sometimes I can be my own worst enemy, especially when it comes to weight loss.
  • Peg_M
    Options
    Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. :flowerforyou:
    Robert Collier
  • srcardinal10
    Options
    "It's not about perfect, it's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs."
  • Peg_M
    Options
    "There is no limit to what you can imagine. And with commitment, with effort, what you can imagine you can become. Put your mind to work for you. Believe that you can do it. The world will tell you that you can't. Yet, in your belief you'll find the strength, you'll find the ability, to do it anyway." Ralph Marston

I love this!
  • Peg_M
    Options
    Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

Thomas A. Edison