how many carbs per meal/day do YOU eat and stick to?

Options
2»

Replies

• blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Mine is set at 15% or 45 g per day. Mostly I'm well under after counting calories expended.
  • tlangenfeld
    tlangenfeld Posts: 2,330 Member
    Options
    According to my diatician a woman ideal intake of carbs per day is 12 to 15 helpings of carbs and one helping is 15grams which equals to 180 to 225 a day. Normal day i do 3 helpings per meal and 1 per snack with 3 snacks per day that gives me a 3 left over that if i want can use throughout the day with out going over my recommended daily helping fo carbs. on most days i have 12 helpings of carbs somedays i fall short of what i am suppose to have but hardly ever go over 15 helping of carbs

For men recommended carb intake is 15 to 18 helpings per day.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Wow, many of you eat more carbohydrate per meal than I do in a day...

Right now I'm dieting - averaging about 2100 calories a day and averaging 40g of net carbohydrate per day, or just under 8% of my caloric intake.

Then again, my Type II diabetes was obviously more severe than most. My HbA1c was over 12% at diagnosis and my C-Peptide shows I have very limited insulin production. I adopted a ketogenic diet very shortly after my diagnoses and have been on it for over 2 years and 4 months now.

My HbA1c was 7.0% after three months of the ketogenic diet, down to 6% another three months later, and I joined the 5%-club 3 months after that. It tends to hover between 5.1 and 5.4% now and has for a year and a half.

I was thinking that as I was reading everyone's daily carb intake. I get somewhere's under 50 per day but recently stopped tracking though I don't eat any bread, pasta, rice or potatoes. The only bread I eat is a slice of ezekial toast with 1 0z of cheese just before the gym to help fuel my lifts.

The rest of the time, it's veggies & some meat and fat, weight training 3x a wk and daily well timed fast paced walks with intermittent shuffle jogging (alas, it's all I can manage right now). Doing this is the only way I've been able to decrease spikes. I'm hoping that because I've only been on Metformin for just shy of a wk, this will change and allow for more starchy carbs and decrease the amount of testing, my fingers are sore as hell.

I'm hoping that it gets better because from reading various forums, it seems no one is on such a stringent diet as I am currently on, while striving for low numbers =/