Dual Sport riders

Options
I am Gus and I live in Utah and I ride a Suzuki DR650. I ride about 65% road and 35% dirt. I prefer dirt but there are not enough dirt roads to get me to work. Love to ride and anxious to share stories about rides and how staying fit makes the riding better.

Replies

• Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to do some trail riding and not carry the extra 46 pounds around! It has helped my skiing and I am much more agille on my bike now for a 62 year old guy...(everything is relative...smiling). Come on warm weather!!!
    edit: spelling/grammer
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I noticed, a while back, that my legs would shake when I stood up on the bike. Since I have increased my leg work (squats, lunges, running), it has stopped. I have noticed the same for my arms. I started lifting a little heavier and I don't feel like I am going to fall off the bike if I don't hold on for my life.
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I noticed, a while back, that my legs would shake when I stood up on the bike. Since I have increased my leg work (squats, lunges, running), it has stopped. I have noticed the same for my arms. I started lifting a little heavier and I don't feel like I am going to fall off the bike if I don't hold on for my life.

Now that you mention it, I feel much more stable at high speed and when I am just making dust. Probably for the same reasons as you, I am in much better shape now.
  • Gusman14
    Gusman14 Posts: 94
    Options
    The bike is easier to control now, the suspension does not bottom out, and I feel so much better when I a riding single tracks and really working the bike.