Sports bra recommendations?

Options
cococa
cococa Posts: 122 Member
Okay ladies, I need your help.

My sports bra is rubbing me raw where the elastic touches under my chest. It didn't used to, but I think it's getting old and the elastic is a bit loose. I've been searching and searching for a replacement, but there's so many choices! I need something with good coverage/lining that doesn't chaff. Do you have any favorite brands?

Replies

• jacie87
    jacie87 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm personally in love with the Champion brand at Target. They're not too expensive and come in a wide variety of colors & styles. I found one on sale a few months ago and the fabric is actually really soft, but strong/supportive. Worth a look.
  • cococa
    Options
    I'm personally in love with the Champion brand at Target. They're not too expensive and come in a wide variety of colors & styles. I found one on sale a few months ago and the fabric is actually really soft, but strong/supportive. Worth a look.

Haha, that's the kind I currently have! Maybe I should just stick to what I know :)
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My favourite one is my Triumph Triaction. I have also tried the Infinity-8. What an awesome bra. BUT (big but here) for the life of me I cannot get into and out of it without help. Which makes it pretty useless as I do most of my runs when the rest of the house is still asleep.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Maia. Hands down my favorite bra ever, sports or otherwise. Has standard hooks in the back, so it's easy to get on/off. Plus it is a "bra within a bra" so there's separation rather than just compression into a uniboob. Great support and comfort while working out, and a great look when you aren't working out, particularly under tight shirts and clingy sweaters. :happy:
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I like the Under Armour bras.
  • Jedi_Jewel
    Jedi_Jewel Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I also like the Under Armour bras. They hold me in tight!!
  • pammee44
    pammee44 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like Champion as well, I bought my last one from their website and loved it so much i bought a 2nd one as a back up bra.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I love my Moving Comfort Alexis bras. They're a pain to get on, but I love the thin straps and how well they hold the girls in place.
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Huge fan of shock absorber run bras. Worked out that I have over £100 worth!
  • neurorat
    neurorat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Maia. Hands down my favorite bra ever, sports or otherwise. Has standard hooks in the back, so it's easy to get on/off. Plus it is a "bra within a bra" so there's separation rather than just compression into a uniboob. Great support and comfort while working out, and a great look when you aren't working out, particularly under tight shirts and clingy sweaters. :happy:

I second this! I wouldn't wear any other bra. They were great as a DD and still wonderful as a C.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have a heck of a time finding sports bras that I can fit my breasts in without feeling like they are being held under my chin.

I am tall, and have a lot of length between my shoulder and my rib cage where a bra band sits. Too many sports bras aren't adjustable in the straps and I get discouraged.

I did however fall in love with the VSX Sport bras from Victoria Secret around Christmas time. It is like wearing a regular bra with a sports bra over top. The straps lengthen/shorten as needed, and can be work either criss cross or straight. I get next to no bounce, it wicks moisture like a dream. I am hoping to get out to get another one soon (they have some new colours in!)
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 bras on my run. I also use corn starch or powder under the girls to absorb heat. Never stay in the bra after your run you will get a bad burn like a diaper rash. Hit the shower, pool or a cool wash cloth and dry clothes. :blushing:
  • cococa
    Options
    Ah so many good recommendations. I just bought a CW-X Versatx because it was half off the amazon price on theclymb and I had a 10 dollar credit, but now I'm super nervous because all of the reviews say they run small.
    Never stay in the bra after your run you will get a bad burn like a diaper rash. Hit the shower, pool or a cool wash cloth and dry clothes. :blushing:

I think this was part of it, but I've stayed in this one before and had no problems. I'm going for the triple crown here in SoCal so my races are all down in San Diego where my parents live, and they always want to take me out to brunch afterwards. I suppose I could change in the bathroom or something, but it's not convenient.