Introductions

Replies

• TaureanWoman
    TaureanWoman Posts: 26 Member
    Hello! I'm 33 year old, work full time. I work out about 3 times a week but I would like to ramp it up to increase my weight loss and toning. I love JM 30DS because it is such a quick efficient work out. I plan to do this challenge in addition to running 2 miles a twice a week to my routine.

My stats are as follows:

SW: 166lbs
    CW: 156lbs
    GW: 138lbs
  • hegster23
    hegster23 Posts: 36 Member
    Hello all! I'm a 30-year-old mom of two that's sick and tired of being sick and tired! I started the C25K last night, and am hoping to start the 30DS tonight or tomorrow!
    Can't wait to see all of our results!:wink:
  • Beccalj
    Beccalj Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm in my 50s and am looking to continue my weight loss efforts and improve my muscle tone. While doing the May challenge of 30 Day Shred, I'll also add an extra dose of cardio walking my dog (she's a pretty good motivator!) and some elliptical training or Zumba on selected days. Good luck to all!
  • iowa_cy_girl
    iowa_cy_girl Posts: 8 Member
    New to MFP and am thinking the groups will be a big help in my success (and YES, I will be successful this go round!!). I've had 30 Day Shred collecting dust on my shelf for several years...gave up after the first day when I did try it. With the support of this group, I know I can do this!! Looking forward to hearing how successful everyone in the group is 'shredding'! Good luck all!!

Oh...I'm a 32yo mother of 2 busy girls, 10 and 3. I am changing my life for them...and myself of course...plus...if I can turn my husband's head like I once could, I'll have all I ever need :heart:
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Hi fellow 30DS peeps! I'm Lisa, a 41 Y.O. married mom of 6 (granny of 1) from Michigan.

I started my serious efforts at weight loss January 3rd and am down 19# overall (I gained 4 # back early in the month and am trying to get back down there!!) I was diagnosed as diabetic a few years back but went through the whole denial thing...I'm ready to get off the meds and to do that I have to lose the weight. I was doing Zumba 4-5 days a week from January through April, and I think I got burnt out...so I decided for May I will be doing the 30ds and I got a membership to the local pool. I sure hope it shakes things up the way I need it!

I did my w1d1 this morning and didn't do nearly as poorly as I thought I would! I only needed 2 breathers during the 1st course of cardio! I might even do repeat sessions (one in the am and one in the pm) on days I have time! I would love to see results similar to what others have posted pictures of on here!

Good luck to everyone on your weight loss/maintenance goals!
  • babynun
    babynun Posts: 120 Member
    I'm very motivated right now and am just rolling with it. I'm a 34 yo mom (ages 10, 6, and 4). I currently work full-time but plan on taking this whole summer off to be with them. Then I'll be back in school starting my Master's full-time in the Fall. My biggest goal this summer is getting the body I want by staying active while having fun with my kids. I'm going to have to be creative which will be a challenge for me.

I love Zumba and try to incorporate that several times a week in my workouts. Since the weather will be improving in Alaska, I plan on hiking more often and spending time outdoors. I've also been looking into workouts that incorporate weights (I hate weights, they're very intimidating).

So MFPers, I'm looking forward to this journey with you.
  • NESIBEAU
    NESIBEAU Posts: 20
    Hi
    I'm Annesia. I'm 28 years with two kids 3 years and 14months. Im struggling to get weight off. But Im strapped for time between job, kids and hussie. Started eating clean and walking. However babysitters was not cosntant. I have opted to start 30ds its short on time. I have already lost a few inches however did not take my measurement. Reached level two but missed a week as such Im starting week two again. Looking forward for your support
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Hi, I'm Amy. I'm a stay at home mom of an 8 month old baby girl. I started the shred 6 days ago. I'm still on level 1. I was hoping to find a group on MFP starting around when I did. Hope we can motivate each other to keep on going to the end!

Current Weight: 189 (I'm 5'5")
    Goal Weight: 135
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Hello I'm Ashley. I have had this DVD for years and it just collects dust. I have started and stopped so many times it's ridiculous. Today I want to start it and actually finish it. This month I will turn the big 3-0! I'm dreading becoming 30 but since it's happening no matter what I say I want to look sexy! I have certain goals I want to reach and so I'm on the journey trying to get there.

I'm 5'10
    CW-146
    GW-135(or as long as I look sexy I don't care what the ending number is)
  • rednpnk
    rednpnk Posts: 55 Member
    Hello Everyone,
    I started yesterday and I'm so looking forward to seeing the end results.. My starting weight is 178, will take measurements later today.. I plan on going for 30 days straight, so this will be a challenge. But I am up for it... My birthday is fast approaching and I have this cute outfit that I am going to buy in a smaller size as my motivation to keep moving.. Best of luck to all of you!!!

Rachell
  • aquirico
    aquirico Posts: 21 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Allyson, a 36 yr old mom of a 5 yr old, with a very busy schedule. I commute 2 hours a day, and so as a result I'm a late night workout person, usually after 9pm. I like doing it at night though.

I started the 30DS last month, but only made it to day 10. I'm excited to try again and stick with it this time! I hope a group will help keep me motivated.
  • mjlong
    mjlong Posts: 73 Member
    Hello!!!
    My name is Melissa I am 23 years old, and I am a Medical Coder. I have reached my goal weight!! I am looking to lose some inchs and to get toned for the Summer. I am also getting married in October, so I got to make sure I look good!! I am so excited to start this!!
  • macey333
    macey333 Posts: 42
    Hi! My name is Ellie, I'm 18 years old and from London, England! Currently studying Politics and International Relations at university.

I would never describe myself as fat but I have always been one of those "almost skinny" people. My legs and arms are fine but my tummy still has a bit of pooch. I just want to feel good in a bikini this Summer.

I've seen other peoples amazing results and I can't wait to start!
  • dipobird
    dipobird Posts: 13 Member
    Hi everyone!

I'm Amanda, I'm a mom to 3 lovely angels and wife to a darling, most doting, husband. My husband has always loved me for who I am and never has wanted me to slave myself to diets or working out, so I count on all of you here to keep me motivated and accountable!! I really need to drop some inches and pounds! CW 225!! This is going to be a lot of fun helping each other out and I can't wait to see what this group does! So goodluck everyone!!
  • dipobird
    dipobird Posts: 13 Member
    I'm curious to know, what time of day is everyone working out? I'm a night owl myself and love my nightly workouts!
  • Grlygrl107
    Grlygrl107 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Massiel and I just started 30 Day Shred this morning. I'm so glad I found this group! I'm an avid runner and I want to lose some weight before I tackle NYC Marathon training in July. I love working out but I'm just lazy to make time to work out more often. I programmed my workouts on my phone and set my alarm for 6am to get my workout out of the way before i start the day. i can't wait to see the results!!
  • Stoves30daychallenge
    Stoves30daychallenge Posts: 1 Member
    Whats up everyone? I just joined MFP 2 days ago with the specific intent to do a 30DS, hence my user name. Great timing I guess. Ive never really set my bar per say, I kinda just started working out and staying active.
    As of today I am hitting the gym everyday for the next 30 days with a specific goal in mind, burn burn burn. Not all is limited to cardio, Some light lifting will accompany. The goal, 4-5 pounds free from my body to get cut and more defined for summer. Im ready!
  • ohher
    ohher Posts: 3 Member
    Hello! I am 25 and work an awful, sedentary desk job. I have started and stopped the shred about three times, never fully completing it. I want that to change, and I am going to try to make this the month it happens! I have been focusing on increasing my activity levels throughout the day, and have been jogging, taking daily walks, occasionally doing yoga, and pretending that I can do pullups on my pullup bar ;) But I want an extra push since summer is right around the corner. Good luck everyone!
  • ohher
    ohher Posts: 3 Member
    I defnitely prefer doing the shred at night. I have WAY more energy, despite having worked all day. I feel like I get out of breath really easily when I try it in the morning, and I usually end up with a cramp.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    I'm curious to know, what time of day is everyone working out? I'm a night owl myself and love my nightly workouts!

I normally do mine when my son is taking a nap, so around 2-3 pm.