Men's Challenge May 1 - 31

Options
CJDaniel7
CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
Hey guys, I find this group, although small to be extremely supportive, and positive.

What do you think of a challenge? Where we set three goals for the 31st. No winners, no losers just personal responsibility.
Can be weight, can be percentage, can be number of days working out, number of pushups?? What do you guys think?

Replies

• TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    where is the group? sounds good to me
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'll be having a surgery on Monday, so I won't be able to workout much during May. That said, I'm open to challenge myself in other regards.
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. I had set myself a goal to reach 195 but June 7, but why not try to get there for May 31? I've also done 90% of my weight loss to this point by cutting calories. It's time to get moving. At least 3 x weekly...

(1) Drop another ~8 lbs to 195
    (2) 3x/week cardio (2 - 2 1/2 mile walks)
    (3) 3x/week weights (Strong Lifts?)

-Kevin
  • CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great! The group is here in the "The Male Stop" group of threads.
    1. Rules are there are no Rules (other than be critical of no one but yourself.
    2. Come back and post anytime related to your goals
    3. At the end of the month come back and celebrate your successes or regroup and figure out your strategy for next month
    Just post however many goals you wish

Mine:
    (1) Lose 6.1 pounds to 207
    (2) 100,000 Meters Rowing Machine
    (3) Log Food Accurately 25 Days
  • Nah113
    Nah113 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in CJ.

I've got one big-*kitten* (pun intended) goal - I want to get out of the 300 lb club. I'll have to drop 7 more lbs for a total of 32 lost since Feb 1.
  • dad040859
    dad040859 Posts: 66
    Options
    Sounds like a plan...we'll have to come back 5/31, copy our goals and see how we did.

1. Down to 215...
    2. Start strength training 3x week
    3. Continue the daily 30-40 minutes of cardio
    4. Behave myself in Vegas
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    Lose an additional 10 lbs (217 lbs).
    Recover from surgery and get back into the gym (4 weeks after, despite the doctor telling me it will take six).
  • ftwmc
    ftwmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in
    1 Down another 8 kg (17lbs)
    2 Exercise 6 hrs p/w
    3 Log accurately
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I like this. I need to weight myself. Though I am not so worried about weight but more about my circumference.
  • kobrien65
    kobrien65 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

G1: Ride 100+ miles on the bike in May
    G2: Drop below 200 for the first time in years
    G3: Maintain a 7000 kCal deficit every week in May
  • dad040859
    dad040859 Posts: 66
    Options
    Woo-hoo! Down 3 lbs since last weigh in...222 is more than just a room number (fans of 70's TV know what I mean...)
  • ftwmc
    ftwmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Down 3kg (6.6 lbs)
    About 4 hrs excercise
    Not logging excercie yet
  • KingOfTheBurke
    Options
    OK, late to the party, but I'm in:

1. break 190 by May 31
    2. resistance training 3 days/week, even if it's just body weight
    3. win the lottery
  • Nah113
    Nah113 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good stuff. Not sure about the third goal but maybe you'll win!
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Well, let's see how we did...
    (1) Drop another ~8 lbs to 195
    (2) 3x/week cardio (2 - 2 1/2 mile walks)
    (3) 3x/week weights (Strong Lifts?)

I wasn't allowed to lift weights this month due to having minor surgery to have a cyst removed from my upper arm. (Thus the reason for the bandana on my arm while at the pool on Memorial Day weekend.) However, mission accomplished on the cardio! I probably averaged 3.5 per week and 2.5 miles each walk.

As far as the weight goal, I did not lose the 8 lbs to 195. However, I did drop 5 lbs, down to 198. I had been on a frustrating plateau and may have finally busted through it. So, while I may not have met all my goals, I'll take it as a WIN.... For the month of May, I'm down five pounds and feeling good! :drinker:
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    My challenge was : Lose an additional 10 lbs (217 lbs).
    Recover from surgery and get back into the gym (4 weeks after, despite the doctor telling me it will take six).

I didn't make it into the gym, but did manage to do some pretty tough and long hikes on a mountain trail. I'm headed to the gym to lift tonight. My weight on Sunday (I arrived back in the States the night before) was 217.2. I'll accept the round down.