Severe knee pain, Phase 3

Options
jenf330
jenf330 Posts: 66 Member
I have always had weak knees, but never any actual injuries. Even so, I've been very careful about my knees for this entire program. Last night I did Workout 10 for the first time (just starting Phase 3) and I'm in a ton of pain today. Not like a good, sore kind of pain, but a sharp, severe kind of pain.

I'm a little worried about the rest of Phase 3. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it something that got better or worse with more time and practice? I can't come this far and get thwarted by my knees!!!

Replies

• Rbecky80
    Rbecky80 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of knee pain during phase 3. I think it was because of all the jumping. My wasn't as bad as you are describing and I could still do most things. But squatting down became painful. I was determined to finish too and just took. Few extra break days to make up for it. My knees were always the worst after cardio 3. Good luck!
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My knees (rather just one) give me trouble in phase 3. I only have 2 days left and I just modified. I found out which things hurt the most and I just don't go as deep in a lunge and instead of cannonballs and supermans, I do other things, superfast jumprope or jumping jacks. I have still had wonderful success during this phase. I talked to my chiropractor about it and he said, It's better to modify and do what you know won't hurt you than to get injured and have to stop all together - made sense to me so I just learned to push myself in areas that didn't hurt as much....

Good luck and keep pushing thru!
  • jenf330
    jenf330 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!

I am feeling so much better today so I'm hoping I simply overexerted myself. It can be easy when Jillian is yelling "kick higher!!!" :sad:
    I'm back at it tonight with Workout 9 so I'll be sure to be careful and modify where I need to. It's just good to hear that others experienced this and were still able to continue!!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    definitely modify the rest of phase 3 but get checked out by a doc ASAP. i had sharp knee pain which ended up being runners knee and now i do things to help prevent it and i'm prone to early arthritis which i also do stuff to prevent (like take glucosamine which has been a lifesaver). so definitely might wanna get that checked out!! better safe than sorry.