Bag End to Rivendell (397 Miles)

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    22.5 miles total
    only 4 miles this week. I slacked off, but will get back on track.
  • tmlandgraf
    tmlandgraf Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have walked a total of 38.85 miles.....I left the south camp past Woody End and I am on my way to Brandywine Bridge to stay at the Inn. I hope to be there by the end of the week. I want to try to hit 50 miles this month.....better get walking if I am going to make my goal!
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    2 weeks in - 50.8 miles. On the road to Buckland.
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    This week I stayed at the The Floating Log and I am continuing on the Great East Road at a leisurely pace. Total 25.7 miles.
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    4/29 = I crossed the Brandywine Bridge, stayed at the Bridge Inn and I am on the road to Buckland, just a couple miles from High Hay.

I have surpassed my April goal of 50 miles with a total of 53.15 miles and still have 2 days to go until the end of the month! It's going to be hard, but I am going to try to get hit the 60 mile mark in the next two days. I need to think of what my May milage goal is going to be....???
  • Nyingje
    Nyingje Posts: 13
    Options
    Stupid twisted ankle. Worse than the pain and swelling is the lack of exercise. Haven't been able to walk for two days.
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    4/30 = I crossed the bridge, continuted south on the road to Buckland, passed the High Hay, stopped for the night and I am now heading east on the Road approaching the Old Forrest.

I have traveled 59.34 miles total and I am 0.66 miles from reaching my 60 mile goal!
  • xynyth
    xynyth Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Checking in @ 64.4 miles Between Farmer Maggots and the Causeway to Buckleberry Ferry :D
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    5/2/13 = 68.01 miles total - I camped next to the road and have continued east on the road. Land is sparsely settled and to the south the Old Forest ends.
  • lmivroman
    lmivroman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Finally getting started!

exercise.png
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,297 Member
    Options
    cpanus - congrats on your return!! Well done! Do you already have another journey in mind?

nyingje - sorry about your ankle! Just do what the doctor says and rest it! Don't start waling to early, otherwise it will hurt so much longer (speaking from experience...)

I have been away a few days, so was lazy in keeping track. Anyway, here is my summary so far, since I started one month ago:

Total for April: 108.0 km (67.1 miles)

I am just a few steps behind tmlandgraf :smile:
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm new to this group, but started my SLOW journey on 3/25/13. Yesterday I finished Day 3 and can see the trees of Woody End and am camping :)

I'm using my treadmill and Walk Away the Pounds DVD (bonus, she states mileage) and have started bike riding around the neighborhood.
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    5/6/2013 = 76.17 miles.....To the south the Old Forest ends. I have camped and am now continuing east at a leisurely pace. The most western slopes of the Barrow-downs appear far to the south (day 8).
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    5/7/13 = Apparently I can't add correctly, I have actually gone 85.87 miles, not 76.17 miles. So this puts me as just completing Day 8: Continue east at a leisurely pace. The most western slopes of the Barrow-downs appear far to the south. Barrow-downs continue. Between the Road and the Downs is the hedge. Reach Bree. Stay at The Prancing Pony. Spend a late evening.
  • thatonepersonfromtheinternet
    Options
    One month into my journey to Rivendell and 143 miles down. A bit over a third of the way there :)
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    5/8/13 = I have completed day 9 and I am a third of the way to day 10 - Stay at the inn much of the morning. Then skirt BRee-hill and turn east. Reach the South-gate of Bree. Leave village and ride east on the road. Camp next to a trail leading north into Chetwodd on Bree-hill. Ride east at a leisurely pace. Road runs ESE skirting Chetwood.

So far I have walked 94.76 miles.
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    5/13/13 = Day 10 complete with a total of 103.69 miles. Ride east as a leisurely pace. Road runs ESE skirting the Chetwood. Continue downhill along road next to the heart of the Chetwood. Stay at The Foresaken Inn: the last inn along the Great East Road.
  • Nyingje
    Nyingje Posts: 13
    Options
    My twisted ankle is slowly getting better. I am walking every evening again. It is only a couple of miles but at least I can walk.
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    I have a stress fracture in my left foot, so the last week has been really slow. Here's my totals:

05/20/13 = Finished Day 11 - 113 miles = Left the Forsaken Inn early. Ride south along the road at a comfortable pace. Reach the east edge of the Chetwood. Scattered farms to the south. Begin to see the Midgewater Marshes off to the northeat. Camp.
  • tmlandgraf
    Options
    I wonder if I am the only one still making the journey from Bag End to Rivendell........

5/28/13 = finished Day 12 - 125 miles = After camping, I contiued down the road east-southeast. The road runs gently downhill. Due north lie the western edge of the Midgewater Marshes.