Sleep

Options
hap2010
hap2010 Posts: 101 Member
Where are you? Why is it that I cannot sleep through the night EVER! I had this problem about 9 months after the hysterectomy but then is subsided. Now it is back with a vengence. I have tried all kinds of sleeping pills (wake after 4 hours or I am just jittery and can't sleep) Lately, everytime i take a sleeping pill I have pain radiating down my legs which makes it impossible to sleep. I had this same pain before I had the adhesions removed so I really hope they are not coming back.

If anyone has any ideas on how to sleep I would love them. I have been fighting a cold the last couple days and even the Nyquil didnt make me sleep all night I woke up after a couple hours.

Replies

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    No ideas here. In fact, when I read the title Sleep, I thought "or lack thereof" - ha! Good luck to us both.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    you should message me when you cannot sleep, HAHA!
    i have a husband that snores,. i am lucky to get 3 straight hours.
    sigh.......................
    just me and the cat up, while he sleeps.
    i should go dump some COLD water on him/;
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I was experiencing the restless and broken sleep nights quite often.

I used to drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning and gave it up. I started sleeping soundly through the night even through the loud snoring from the other side of the bed.

I have the occassional cup of coffee and if I have more than I cup I am guaranteed to wake up a few times.

Best of luck!

Karen
  • Ginoo
    Ginoo Posts: 56
    Options
    I have made peace with the fact that I don't sleep. I function on exhaustion most of the time. I am lucky that I work from home so usually catch a 10 - 15 minute cat nap at about 15h00. My normal routine is to only switch off my light to sleep at about 2am and then i am up again at 6. Even in those four hours I wake up sooooooo much. Aaaarggh!!!! Thank goodness I live alone, because if i still had a snoring man next to me i would smother him in his sleep.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm weird, I like the snoring, it's better than one of those wave sound machines. As long as his face isn't on my ear that is.
  • Pam165
    Pam165 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There are so many things that could be causing you to not sleep well, the best bet may be to talk with your physician about it.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I need to fall into bed exhausted after taking sleeping pills.
    I'm a night owl who works 2nd shift, so I don't go to bed before midnight but am usually up around six to start the day with my nine year old daughter.
    My dream sleep would be from about 2am to 9am, since that is when I seem to sleep the best.
    I try to limit naps and caffeine, but little cat naps can help me get through the end of he day.

Snoring is another thread...:grumble:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'll be needing a nap today. sigh.
  • hap2010
    hap2010 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My sleep is getting a little better the last week. Yahoo
  • plummersmate
    Options
    Hi, I have had the same problem. I seem to wake up every two hours, sometimes with night sweats, sometimes without but I haven't managed to sleep through for a long, long time. However, I remembered about a Serotonin supplement (called 5HTP ) I tried a couple of years ago that seems to be helping. The last two nights I have manged to sleep for a solid 4 - 5 hours. I have tried them in the past with good effect but I can only take them for a few weeks as they tend to give me very vivid dreams - that wake me up! In the past I have tended to take them for a couple of weeks, take a week or so off and then go back to them. Might be worth a try.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered (when hubby had to work out of town & had the bed to myself for a month) that my constant waking up was due to the fact he sleeps with the ceiling fan on. I sleep with my mouth open, therefore causing extreme dry mouth. I would wake up frequently, get a drink of water, then an hour later have to pee. All night long, this was my ritual. When he returned from out of town, I had bought an oscillating pedestal fan & placed it strategically so that it blows only on him. It's just enough air circulating in the room to counter my night sweats, but lets me sleep for longer periods of time b/c I'm not drinking and peeing all night long.

VOILA!! Problem solved! May not work for you, but thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.
    Good luck!