05/02 - What is your goal today?

Options
What is your goal today? How are you going to kick it in gear and strive for those goals on this fabulous Thursday? :) Weigh in is coming up!!!!!

Replies

• warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    My goal today is to practice planking... because I am terrible at them so far haha.... also, I want to go for a walk after work and work out a bit of the stiffness I am feeling today. Also, I am buying new sneakers today better suited to running! :)
  • sophieburningham
    sophieburningham Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So nervous about weigh in on Sunday, my goal for today is to burn as many calories as possible. So far so good, I've sped up my walk to work and back this morning, gone to the gym and my plan is to do again do a quick walk to work this afternoon and a bit of a workout in the evening to burn a bit more off. ^-^
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My goal is to plan my snacks and get to 10,000 steps. Only made it to 7000 yesterday.
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    May 2nd Commitment:
    -Walk 13,000 steps
    -Walk 2 miles after work with friends
    -Drink 8 or more glasses of water
    -Complete push-up APP on my phone

*I am really nervous about weigh in. Hopefully I see some numbers drop!*
  • cricketdc
    cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :yawn: My goal is to sleep early tonight :yawn:

My husband and I had zero sleep / all nighter helping our son catch up with a BIG project that he did for 1 day :embarassed: :mad:

I want to walk today but I won't force myself if I am exhausted. I have self-love too! :flowerforyou:
  • newtro0925
    newtro0925 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am going to burn 300 calories and stay under my calorie goal. Good luck to everyone.
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Running on my lunch (try to get 4 miles in).....it's gorgeous here today, so I want to get out and breathe some fresh air and feel the sunlight on my face:)

Have a great day everyone!!
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My goal today is to get in a bit of extra strenght training. I'm going to an extra set of leg and arm sets at the gym (after my cardio work out) and do AT LEAST 10 burpees when I get home. (I can't do those in public at this point! Someone might call 911...) lol

Wish me luck! :)
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My goal today is pretty much the same as yesterday - I completed Level 1 Day 2 of 30 Day Shred this morning, then this evening I'll run for 45 minutes. My other goal for today is to stay on target for calories today. I usually don't have a problem with that, but today my boss is coming from out of town and is taking my team and I out for lunch, then I have pasta planned for dinner tonight. I'm pretty sure we'll go to an Italian restaurant for lunch, so it may be tough to find a meal that is low in calories. I'll just need to remind myself to eat slowly and stop when I feel satisfied!
  • mcwdvm
    mcwdvm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    work out) and do AT LEAST 10 burpees when I get home. (I can't do those in public at this point! Someone might call 911...) lol
    Burpees are the hardest things to do! They must burn a kajillion calories though. I won't be seen doing them in public either- the dogs look concerned when they are watching me do them in the basement!
  • mcwdvm
    mcwdvm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My goal today is to stay within calories for the third day in a row and run hills tonight,
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!

I was a good girl. I packed my gym bag last night to make sure I had it ready for today. Little did I know that if I had not done that, I wouldn't have done it at all since I was late this morning. I overslept! Eeck!

So since I am still nursing shin splints (which are finally starting to feel better, yay!) I am going to hit the gym for the elliptical and stationary bike. (I rather run outside, but I will wait another week before I run on these shins again..)

Happy Thursday, and I am stoked for the weigh in....I think lol
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    I was a total bum yesterday. Ate half way decent, but not a stitch of exercise... UGH! Guess that means yesterday was officially my rest day...
    Anyway, felt so bad about it, I got up this morning at 4:30 and busted out 4 1/4 miles on my treadmill...
    I promise I will also do planks tonight before bed.
    Go me...
    BBB
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Today my goal is to get in a jog after work instead of sitting down to try and finish Bioshock. lol Its gonna be hard
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Today was supposed to be my C25K, but I couldn't pick my legs up! It's getting hot today and I'm pretty sore from 30DS. I started my training this morning, but ended up walking just over 3 miles instead of the walk/jog thing. Taking it easy for an hour and then I'll do Day 2 of 30DS.

I'm concerned that my HRM is not giving me proper read outs. According to it and my heart rate, I burned around 740 calories on my walk, but MFP says 337. Big difference! Worried that I have been eating too much because of inflated calorie burns. :grumble:
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I think today I will either do some more P90X or some Circuit Training. I get a killer burn with both :bigsmile:

I am actually excited about weigh in this week... last week no loss, but it motivated me to be more strict with everything all around. Last week hardly exercised, drank like a fish, & ate horrible.. so thats my own fault ! NEED to kick my drinking habit to the curb already!!! So this week has been some killer work outs (pushing myself like ca-razay!), no alcohol, and eating very healthy-packing my lunch & not eating out.

Needless to say I am proud of myself... its been a tough week, & i've felt like having a drink or 4, but i worked out instead !! woo hoo
  • missharleychick
    Options
    I was a total bum yesterday. Ate half way decent, but not a stitch of exercise... UGH! Guess that means yesterday was officially my rest day...
    Anyway, felt so bad about it, I got up this morning at 4:30 and busted out 4 1/4 miles on my treadmill...
    I promise I will also do planks tonight before bed.
    Go me...
    BBB

Way to go on getting up early today and doing over 4 miles! That is great!
  • Frickin_Kat
    Frickin_Kat Posts: 22
    Options
    Thursdays are my rest days. Sleeping an extra hour 1/2 was gorgeous this AM and I feel energized rather than tired like I've been the last couple days. My challenge today will be to eat well and stay under my cal goal. This will be extra challenging because I had a big burn yesterday and my appetite always kicks in the day after. So eating right will be key.

Kick some booty today everyone!!!
  • nicf76
    nicf76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Since the rain has returned I will be visiting the gym tonight. I am hoping to put in a 4 mile jog and some weights. I say that now but when the time comes it may change! I am not looking forward to the weigh in, not confident like I was last week at all!!!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    May 2nd Commitment:
    -Walk 13,000 steps
    -Walk 2 miles after work with friends
    -Drink 8 or more glasses of water
    -Complete push-up APP on my phone

*I am really nervous about weigh in. Hopefully I see some numbers drop!*

Well...I MADE my committment and went up and above it. I walked more than 14,000 steps today!!! And drank 10 glasses of water and walked 2 miles after work!!