20g carbs per day

Options
CoCoMa
CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
That's what I'm doing today. After the Fat Fast I had the best of intentions, but it didn't happen. I'm still holding on at my 4lb loss, but my carb intake for the past few days were at about 90. It's too high for the phase that I should be in, so I'm going to commit to staying at an induction level of 20g carbs max, although, I don't consider it induction because of the mac nuts.

Just curious to know everyone's carb intake per day...

Replies

• skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I am on the induction phase of 20 carbs.
  • rdonald57
    rdonald57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Seems I am on a roller coaster of carbs going from 70 to 12 carbs but the average being around 50 and the median being close to 40. But my garden is also dictating that i eat more carbs so I dont waste the homegrown veggies.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    RD, I plan on consuming about 100g carbs during maintenance, but I'm not there yet. I plan on keeping them low, at ~20/30g until I can get to the 5g increments during OWL, but I'm not there either.
    My garden is filled with lots of fruit and veg, but only some of the veggies are low glycemic. My fam will have to enjoy the rest (carrots, corn, legumes, watermelon, citrus, etc..)
  • AyeAye55
    AyeAye55 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the fat fast???
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    What exactly is the fat fast???

Here's the link to the thread where it's mentioned http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/955337-weight-loss-has-slowed, or just go to 2 weeks ago, Weight loss has slowed
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3, and I've added nuts back into my diet. I'm still between 20-30 grams/day. This weekend I plan on adding berries back in. I've really missed fruit.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I stay under 30 a day. I started a year ago at 20 a day. I seldom go over 30 but most of the time I am around 20.
  • livinglc
    livinglc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm doing today. After the Fat Fast I had the best of intentions, but it didn't happen. I'm still holding on at my 4lb loss, but my carb intake for the past few days were at about 90. It's too high for the phase that I should be in, so I'm going to commit to staying at an induction level of 20g carbs max, although, I don't consider it induction because of the mac nuts.

I have been in maintenance for a,year and find I can't go over 50 without immediately gaining weight, and it stays on and takes weeks of lower carbs to get rid of it. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never be able to eat as much as most can. When I need to drop ponds, I find it impossible to eat less than 25 pounds. My diet range is 25 to35 carbs, probably why I lost so slowly at a pound a week.
  • ssmith_1983
    Options
    I have been trying to stay under 20 carbs a day. I have been on atkins for about a week. I have been around 40 to 30 a day most days and have still lost 6 pounds in a week. I will be attempting 20 a day for a span of 14 days. When I reach that goal I will then start OWL.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options

Where do u find info on the fat fast where you learn how it works and how to do it ?
    Thanks