Food Issues

Options
MSP107
MSP107 Posts: 53 Member
Does anyone in this group have a food addiction? I ask because I do I am a compulsive overeater, binge eater, food addcit what ever description you want? It is a hard journey but I take everyday One meal at a time> Doing pretty good this week! Hope you all are too! :heart:

Replies

• jenafer22
    jenafer22 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You sound like me! I mostly eat anything when I am bored. I have plenty of healthy foods in the fridge I just don't want to eat those when I am on a binge!!!!
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I struggle as well. This is one of the reasons I have a hard time with moderation. When the house is full of healthy choices and there isn't any bad choices I can stick to it no problem. The moment I bring something salty or sweet to "treat myself in moderation" I eventually end up wiping out on whatever it was that was. My goal is to have a healthy relationship with food and not to crave the nasty stuff that pollutes my veins. Slow and steady with the occasional setback is what I've experienced but hopefully it will all change over time.
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Definitely food addiction issues! Food to me is the answer to everything! Happy? Celebrate with food! Sad? Eat something comforting! Bored? Fill the time eating! Upset? Food will make things better! Road Trip?

Like Melissa, if it is in my house, I will eat it! I wish it was easier, but for some of us, this will be a life long battle----the best I can hope for is to hope to win the battle more times than I lose.

Have a great day! Alana
  • HoneyPie99
    HoneyPie99 Posts: 72
    Options
    Yes I am in the same boat. I will control it for awhile and lose some weight and then I lose it and binge only to regain. Its a terrible struggle but I will not give up!