Day one 29.04.13

Options
13»

Replies

• ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    looking forward to Cardio Recovery...I think I'm looking forward to all of them to see what comes up. it'll be harder when I know what's going to be ahead that session!
  • mikeyh12
    mikeyh12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The last 2 days have killed me so i'm ready for some Cardio Recovery!
  • laura666666
    laura666666 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My calves ache!!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Cardio Recovery - whooooooa thats hard - my legs were shaking a lot! I also did the up/down plank on my knees, I dont have enough arm strength for even one.

Really bad instructions on the first section though, the hip flexor stuff with bends, as I have no idea where I was meant to be pushing. He kept saying legs but gestured to stomach. Should that have been working harder? How, as I felt it all toward my knee where my weight was pushing to.
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    DAY 4!

This is an exciting time. You are about to make big changes in your life. Before you jump in, make sure you watch the workouts, understand the moves, and modify those that are above your skill level so that you are always working hard, but at your own level.

How did you do today with Cardio Recovery?

I was SO SO happy to have Recovery & Yoga today. Much needed after a few days of double workouts. So happy happy happy! Much needed and well deserved. :D
  • mnwelch
    mnwelch Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Pure Cardio was rough. I did really well during the warm up but after that, it was downhill.
  • mikeyh12
    Options
    Cardio Recovery was a good exercise but a nice break from the pure cardio!
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Cardio Recovery was a good exercise but a nice break from the pure cardio!

I agree with this 100%! I am still going to be sore, especially with all those squat and lunge holds/pulses. I am scared of tomorrows workout!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    I was going to post threads daily then decided to just pot them here, BUT I am now going back to my original plan. I think it will be easier to find especially if there is a quote, or motivation tip, or fitness focus reminder that you see and want to recall again.
    Hope your day is going Great! Enjoy! And I am starting Pure Cardio in 15mins. :D A little scared I aint even going to lie...lol.
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Hey guys!
    So how was day 5? We have completed all the workout DVD's for month 1. (Not the month, but just the used dvds for this first month).
    How did you do?
    How did you like the workouts?
    Do you have a favorite yet?
    Tomorrow is a repeat of Plyo Cardio Circuit....are you ready!!!!!????!!!!

Most have a hard time with the weekend for eating so make sure you watch portions and plan when needed. :D
  • ironpudge
    ironpudge Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! So I am alittle ahead of you guys but this was the only active Group for Insanity I saw, and I am so glad to be here!

(How did you do?)
    I felt on my this week I did a pretty smash up job! I know I can finish the first month and that'll just lend itself to month two!

(How did you like the workouts?)
    Well I can tell you nobody cusses Shaun T. out like I do. That's another story though! I can tell you though the afterburn is like nothing I get from the gym. Like I wrote before I am about a week and a half ahead, and the furnace in my tummy is pretty much always on smoldering! I have lost quite a few inches, but gained 12 pounds. Ugh, I know 12 pounds but it's 12 pounds of muscle I can tell you that much! This is awesome! Ok, well maybe some muscle and stored water weight, but I am going to write 12 pounds of muscle so that I still fell estastic!

I love you Shaun T!

(Do you have a favorite yet?)
    YES! My favorite is the Plyometeric Cardio Circuit! I enjoy the jumping, and the squats. I am pretty sure this is the one with all the squats. That is saying something for a guy my size, but while working out I never really thought about jumping as an excersise especially since I could'nt jump rope to save the lives of small children in a burning school house, but yet, I look forward to Plyo Circuit. Actually the best week has been when I've had it twice! I really get a rush getting through it and always end up in a wreck on the floor drowning in a pool of my own sweat once the video is over. Ah, never thought breaking myself would bring me so much joy.

Anyway thanks for reading! I am going to super try and be active! I really need this group since everyone at home and work hate talking about me doing Insanity! I think I've over done it with my enthusiasm and excitement! Can't wait to read how everyone esle feels about it!

-That's all folks!
  • mikeyh12
    Options
    It was nice to have a day off today, back at it tomorrow!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Omy GOODNESS! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this program. I agree with @ironpudge it feels so great to break yourself and pick yourself back up. WE are getting stronger and faster every time we do. I know I feel like "crap" when I am pushing and picking up speed but I keep telling myself to keep going. "You will not finish your goal unless you DIG DEEPER." I always self talk during my workouts. Does anyone else self talk as well?
    Super excited or week 2. I already did Day 1 of week 2 and I will be running a little later. I have a 5k this Saturday. Not sure I am ready for it as I kind slacked in my 5K training BUT I have been up with my P90X and Insanity since I started that. :D
    Enjoy the day guys!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    I'm a day behind - I was at a comp all weekend and put Saturday's circuit on my iPad but not Monday's! Whoops. Picking up again tomorrow, but I dont have the Pure Cardio session (grrr) so I'll replace it with another session from the first week.

Can I just check - is Week 5 Core Cardio all week??
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    I'm a day behind - I was at a comp all weekend and put Saturday's circuit on my iPad but not Monday's! Whoops. Picking up again tomorrow, but I dont have the Pure Cardio session (grrr) so I'll replace it with another session from the first week.

Can I just check - is Week 5 Core Cardio all week??

yes week 5 is all core cardio. if you need to replace pure cardio I would suggest doing plyometric cardio.
    how are you doing these? I assume you dont have the dvd set with you? not really understanding.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    My brother gave me some DVDs but then went away before he gave me the other half, as they were stored in individual cases rather than in one big set which I think is how they come?! Not sure, but I have separate ones. So I've only got the first 4, I think it is.

Waiting for him to get home and then get the rest of the DVDs!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    My brother gave me some DVDs but then went away before he gave me the other half, as they were stored in individual cases rather than in one big set which I think is how they come?! Not sure, but I have separate ones. So I've only got the first 4, I think it is.

Waiting for him to get home and then get the rest of the DVDs!

Got Cha!