New To Group

Options
Hi! I am at the beginning of the process. I have my mandatory informational session on May 2nd.

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • gwen6971
    gwen6971 Posts: 49
    Options
    Thank you.
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    hello and congratulations on making the decision...good luck with the process...it took me almost a year lol...
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hello and good luck! This is a great group of people, very helpful, supportive, and experienced. Again, good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.
  • gwen6971
    Options
    Thank you all very much. I just noticed your tickers and you all have done excellent. Congrats on all your success.
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you already getting into this group. The time will fly by for your surgery date. Good luck to you!
  • lmclaine
    lmclaine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am with you, new to group and my fat days are numbered. I start the two week fasting process on Monday and have surgery on May 20. I'm nervous but ready to start the journey to a new me. I have already joined a number of support groups both on-line and in person and it has been so helpful. Everyone has had a different experience but almost 100% say they are happy they did it and would do it again, even through the rough times. I'm sad about leaving the food and drinks I have loved during my whole adult life but something must change and I am simply unable to do it myself. Diets and exercise have proven themselves to not be a long-term solution for me. It's now or never so let's do it!!!!
  • ggibson1038
    Options
    I just joined the group as well. I was sleeved on April 8, 2013. Using this site to track my diet and exercise for my Nutritrionist. I have already lost pretty good weight.
  • gwen6971
    Options
    Lmclaine and ggibson1038 - welcome to the group. Good luck on your journey.
  • twinmoonette
    twinmoonette Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good for you and best of luck. I'm 14 mos out now and down 102 pounds!! You will be fine and the rough time doesn't last long. I would do it all over again. You will be able to eat everything but just a little bit but you will eat more times during the day! Stay strong!!
  • gwen6971
    Options
    Good for you and best of luck. I'm 14 mos out now and down 102 pounds!! You will be fine and the rough time doesn't last long. I would do it all over again. You will be able to eat everything but just a little bit but you will eat more times during the day! Stay strong!!

• JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new folks! I am 3 months out and so happy I did this! In just 3 months my body fat % dropped from 49% to 35%. My blood pressure is normal for the first time in 20 years. My sleep apnea is almost gone. ANd after 3 months, I can have some of those foods that got me into trouble inthe first place, just less. You won't even want to eat like that anymore. Anyway, MFP has been a tremendous support. Just stay plugged in, go slow, add in some exercise, and you'll do great! Friend me if you like - always glad to lend a hand.
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision! Feel free to add me if you'd like =0)
  • bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to the group as well, I'm almost 6 months out of my surgery, and feel like it was one of the best choices I have made in my life. I'm down 93 lbs, my blood pressure is normal, my glucose levels are good, and my cholesterol levels are in the normal range for the first time in 20 years. Just make sure to follow your Doctors and Nutritionists directions, and your recovery and journey will be smooth sailing.
  • gwen6971
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to the group as well, I'm almost 6 months out of my surgery, and feel like it was one of the best choices I have made in my life. I'm down 93 lbs, my blood pressure is normal, my glucose levels are good, and my cholesterol levels are in the normal range for the first time in 20 years. Just make sure to follow your Doctors and Nutritionists directions, and your recovery and journey will be smooth sailing.

Congrats on your success!!!!!
  • gwen6971
    Options
    Welcome to the new folks! I am 3 months out and so happy I did this! In just 3 months my body fat % dropped from 49% to 35%. My blood pressure is normal for the first time in 20 years. My sleep apnea is almost gone. ANd after 3 months, I can have some of those foods that got me into trouble inthe first place, just less. You won't even want to eat like that anymore. Anyway, MFP has been a tremendous support. Just stay plugged in, go slow, add in some exercise, and you'll do great! Friend me if you like - always glad to lend a hand.

Congrats on your success!!! One of my biggest hopes is that my sleep apnea goes away.