Motivation.

Options
Whats the best motivation to get out of bed in the morning, early to get crackin on a workout? I have the hardest time actually GETTING up. No matter how much or little sleep i get. I need to start kicking it into high gear so i can finally go to meps. Im not loosing much, weight but my body is starting to change drastically. Help?? :D

Replies

• hrls83
    hrls83 Posts: 46
    Options
    motivation to get up early? not my strong point. lol I love my bed too much.... but when I have to get up I set an alarm to go off every 5 min on my phone and put it on my dresser the night before so I have to get up to turn it off.... gets me out of bed, and then half the time I have to pee or get a drink or go smoke (bad I know - working on that) so then I just get up for the day.....

I hate working out in the morning - I much prefer it in the evening, helps me fall asleep at night.
  • FutureSailorQuesnell
    Options
    Maybe kind of ease into it. Don't just expect to wake up 3 hours earlier than normal all at once. Start by waking up 20-30 minutes earlier than normal, then as it gets easier increase the amount of time. I know what its like having your body change but not your weight. Ive been sitting at the same weight for a few weeks but I feel alot better. I was told its normal and to just keep working out and dieting and it'll pay off.
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    motivation to get up early? not my strong point. lol I love my bed too much.... but when I have to get up I set an alarm to go off every 5 min on my phone and put it on my dresser the night before so I have to get up to turn it off.... gets me out of bed, and then half the time I have to pee or get a drink or go smoke (bad I know - working on that) so then I just get up for the day.....

I hate working out in the morning - I much prefer it in the evening, helps me fall asleep at night.

Well minus the smoking.. I'm the same :wink: I love my bed & really hate getting out of it in the morning... for any reason! (I figure that will be my biggest challenge in boot camp since I have never been a morning person
  • Tempe729
    Tempe729 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    and a side note... Scales are EVIL! you're improving your running time by a lot! both you and Heather... & you're getting a lot better at eating healthier foods (although I still think you should aim for a minimum of 1300 calories a day!) :ohwell:

You may not see the number on the scale go down, but, remember they take measurements too! Hang in there girl, you've come a long way and I know you've got this!

But as for motivation, everyone is different.. has different goals. Why not try to make up some new ones (fitness-related) ??
  • didntfeelcreativetoday
    Options
    I agree with Tempe729, The goal of losing weight is good but you should have some fitness level goals. Start practicing the Navy PRT test once every 3 - 4 weeks and record how you are improving. Not to mention knowing the test and how to pace yourself for the run will help you out after you enlist.