Pre and Post Workout Eating..

Options
morefitmom
morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
Hey Challengers,

Today after I felt my second headache coming on, I realized I am not eating enough for these HIIT and strength training workouts that I am getting in..

Do you eat before you workout? If so what??

And what are your best post-workout meals? do you eat something different on strength training days vs. cardio days??

Replies

• 1CoCo_Chanel
    1CoCo_Chanel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good questions sis! The last time I ate before i worked out i caught a cramp. Must have eaten too much!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    For the longest I didn't but it does depend on what type of exercise I am doing...IF it like something requirest jumping around...a banana or some form of fruit...but if it's like lifting...I do like Oatmeal or omelette...my body thanks me...Fuel!
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I just started doing weight training and HIIT after to. I just try to make sure I eat something with protein and carbs. But with me I don't just eat and then head up to the gym. I usually eat then wait an hour to a hour and a half to go because i usually eat a meal rather then a snack. Some people might even take protein shakes before they go I don't that though but it probably works to.
  • shtupndoit
    shtupndoit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake after my workout. I work out at 5 am most days so I don't eat before
  • KAY1BELLE
    KAY1BELLE Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I workout in the am without eating but if you feel like you are dizzy or light headed it may be dehydration (I drink BCAA during tough workouts) not necessarily because you didnt eat. If you work out in the afternoon it is possible that you may have a headache from restricting carbs and could benefit from a protein shake of banana and oatmeal.
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I Usually have a protein shake after my workouts and before I just make sure I eat like an hr before. It has to be something light though...like a yogurt or a banana...
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I workout on my lunch break so I always eat lunch after. I usually have breakfast a few hours before and a small snack 30 to 60 minutes before. I don't do well eating a lot right before I work out, but I don't feel good working out on an empty stomach either.