How far in before results?

Options
emmycaitlin0304
emmycaitlin0304 Posts: 147 Member
I'm just on day two, so I'm not asking because I'm expecting to see anything yet, but because I'm curious how far into the program you were before you started seeing changes in your body. I have been struggling with a very rapid weight gain recently and it has put me into a major funk, so I'm wondering about how long it has taken everyone to see clothes fitting a little different. I'm not worried about the number because I know I could still gain more, but I'm interested in what others have seen.

Replies

• rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bump because I am starting the program next week and am curious about the answers.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    8 - 12 weeks in was the GAME-CHANGER, for me! Noticeable shape changes. Noticeable by all!
  • rsharper97
    Options
    Thank you Beeps!
  • emmycaitlin0304
    Options
    Awesome thank you!!

I have been gaining weight like nobody's business for a little over a month now. Eating was really clean except for a few slips here and there and I was working out like an animal, but seriously packing it on.

A bunch of people said I needed to eat more and lift more so I'm hopeful that this will work.
  • evedroid
    evedroid Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    im about to finish stage1 (so im in for over a month now) and to be perfectly honest i can only see changes on my arms/shoulders and my bum and thighs are getting bigger and rounder. i kind of hoped they would get smaller straight away but i assume all that fat takes time to burn from above the toned muscles :)
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Stage 2 was when I was like Whoa
  • cphaneuf16
    cphaneuf16 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm at the end of the longer version of Stage 1 (8 weeks total, instead of 6), and noticed real bicep muscles a couple of weeks ago. More changes now, too. So around 6-8 weeks. :)

Also, the scale has moved a little bit since starting NROL4W, but not much. Yet my friends are commenting on the weight melting off me NOW rather than the 15 pounds I lost before NROL4W just tracking food. Everything is tightening up and I've gone down 1-2 sizes even though I still have a muffin top and blubbery belly. I can't explain it -- it seems like it shouldn't be! Yet the clothing is telling the story way more than the scale.
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Minor changes at the completion of Stage 1. Then, the changes keep happening but gradually. I've been told I look more toned and I can tell my stomach has changed quite a bit since starting. Best of luck!
  • emmycaitlin0304
    Options
    I'll take whatever the scale says if I can fit into clothes again!
  • cphaneuf16
    Options
    I wanted to add that I'm also doing around TDEE - 20% for my calorie goals. I do less on non-workout days, more on workout days (200 cal difference).
  • rsharper97
    Options
    It is good to hear you are doing the TDEE -20% because I want to do that also when I start next week. I think it will be more consistent that way.
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    . Everything is tightening up and I've gone down 1-2 sizes even though I still have a muffin top and blubbery belly. I can't explain it -- it seems like it shouldn't be!

I read that as "everything is tightening up even though I have blueberry muffins in my belly"!!!! I was about ti get really jealous of your muffin diet... Hahaha.

I'm about 4 weeks in and just started noticing a difference in my biceps, shoulders, arms butt and legs and they're all quite positive. I have a couple more workouts left in Stage 1 and am starting to really get excited about what changes stage 2 will bring.
  • cphaneuf16
    Options
    . Everything is tightening up and I've gone down 1-2 sizes even though I still have a muffin top and blubbery belly. I can't explain it -- it seems like it shouldn't be!

I read that as "everything is tightening up even though I have blueberry muffins in my belly"!!!! I was about ti get really jealous of your muffin diet... Hahaha.

I'm about 4 weeks in and just started noticing a difference in my biceps, shoulders, arms butt and legs and they're all quite positive. I have a couple more workouts left in Stage 1 and am starting to really get excited about what changes stage 2 will bring.
    LOL!! I would love to have blueberry muffins in my belly right about now. Or, even better, on a plate in front of me!
  • mountaingirl2207
    Options
    I have 3 more workouts in stage 1. I've noticed a big change in my shoulders, and my stomach seems to be trying to show some abs. I gained 4 lbs right off the bat, but now I have lost that and 4 more additional since starting. Good luck!
  • Kelbs1432
    Kelbs1432 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started noticing a difference in strength after just a few workouts and lost the first inch off my hips in the first couple of weeks. I have one more workout left in Stage 1 and I have been taking pictures along the way which I highly recommend doing. I can SEE a difference rather than just feel a difference. I look more athletic and I have lost a total of about 3 inches in my hips and waist.
  • emmycaitlin0304
    Options
    Excited to hear everyone's progress! I've been eating more than I was, but closer to what the book suggests and that is scary for me. Today I went on a long walk since it was an off day. It feels weird not to do intense cardio.
  • rsharper97
    Options
    Not doing the intense cardio is going to be hard for me too. I am also excited to hear about everyones successes so far.
  • avielosesit
    avielosesit Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Excited to hear everyone's progress! I've been eating more than I was, but closer to what the book suggests and that is scary for me. Today I went on a long walk since it was an off day. It feels weird not to do intense cardio.

I totally agree with this! I'm trying to gt over it.
  • becca2911
    becca2911 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Stage 2 was when I was like Whoa

looking forward to this then! :bigsmile:

I saw improvements after 1 week of stage 1! Not major... but better than nothing
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump