May Goals !!

Options
DaniH826
DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
This thread will be stickied through the month of May, so we can find it to refer to later. It will be replaced by a June thread in June (etc).

Post your May goals here so you have a single quick place to come back and reference them later.

I know its a pain but please try to keep chatter on this thread down - we have the check in and chat thread for that - so that people can re-visit their goals easily throughout the month.

Replies

• chunkmunk
    chunkmunk Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'll go!

Squat: 135
    Bench: 97
    Row: 90
    Press: 70
    Dead: 200

Walk at least 5 times per week. Do yoga at least one time per week. Eat between 1800 and 2000 cals.

Oh, and rock my new red bikini as I turn 40 all strong and sassy. :tongue: :devil:
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Squat: 100 (triple digits woo!)
    DL: 135 (BIG PLATES WOO!)
    Bench Press: 75
    OHP: 55

With the disclaimer of no further pulled muscles and/or other body parts acting up in unexpected ways. Which means that core has got to catch up, someway, somehow.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Squats - any weight that doesn't hurt the hip flexor. I would LOVE to see 150, but it will take work on my form to keep the pain away.
    DL: 200
    Bench: 125
    OHP: 95
    Row: 120 - I have to get past the 95-105 range with good form.

Aim for 1-2% BF loss with 1800-2000 cals/day.
    Reincorporate plyometric work back in as plyo intervals.
    CORE CORE CORE....
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Squats: 100
    Bench: 60
    OHP: 55
    Rows: 65
    Deadlift: 140

Overall just keep adding weight slowly while keeping good form. Hope for 1-2% BF loss.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Get back to lifting 3 days a week
    Watch form videos again and take this deload as an opportunity to work on form
    Increase weights when I can
    No more injuries!
    Be gentle with the sprained butt. Plan for very little pain because clearly pushing through the pain wasn't working!
    Enjoy working out!!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Squat 150
    Bench 105
    Row 110
    OHP 90 for at least one set
    Deadlift 185
    -keep up with cardio 2x a week
    -do yoga once a week
    -drink more water
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    So... Number one, keep form good and keep enjoying it! That aside..

Squats work back up to 50kg with good form
    OHP current 27.5kg use fractionals to move towards 30kg
    deadlift current 80kg work towards 100 (eep!)
    bench current 35kg would love to see 40!
    pendlay rows current 45kg think 55 will be a stretch!

More cardio
    good food choices and log and complete diary daily...
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Nutrition: have more accuracy with my macros, meet my calorie goal, less cheat meals during the weekend, and drink less coffee.
    Squats: @75lbs go to 85-90lbs and no more hip pain. Work on form.
    OHP@55lbs get to 65lbs.
    Row@60lbs get to 75lbs.
    BP@ 70 get to 80.
    DL@135 get to 165.
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I've really been thinking about these, and I'm not sure they're right, so I might come back and tweak:

1. Get. the. sugar. under. control. Seriously, the last few days I've had over 40 grams of added sugar a day. I don't mind a little, but that's way too much, especially for someone with a genetic tendency towards diabetes.
    2. Stop being afraid of failing on lifts. Push through three failures before I deload/go to fractionals.
    3. Find the amount of cardio that I can do and still have energy in the week.
    4. Figure out what I want to do when this cycle ends.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    (Copied from my blog post)

1. Get help with form on major lifts. I am going on a vacation this month. I found a powerlifting gym where I am going to be staying and I called to see if someone will work with me 2 times while I'm there. The owner was all kinds of happy to help me.

2. 15 barbell workouts. This should be pretty easy, I'm a very consistent worker, but I always set this goal anyways.

3. Lose 5 pounds/weight 195. Whether I make this will depend on how I handle myself on my trip. 6 or 7 would be even better, because I have a secret hope to reach 188 (the halfway mark) by my birthday on July 3rd, which will not be possible if I don't lose 6-7 this month.

4. Stay within 100 over/under of my calorie goal.

5. Lift...........Current..........Goal
    Squats...........122.5............160
    OHP..................51.................55
    Bench...............67.................75**
    Pendlay Rows.82.................90****
    DL....................165...............195******

**My bench is seriously lagging. I intend to do some work on form, am thinking my grip might be too narrow. This might be way low if I find some flaw that I can easily correct.
    **** Not sure about this... might start doing chins/pullups/powercleans/extensions and won't kick myself if I don't get to 90 due to adding in other back assistance.
    ******Hey, that would match my weight on May 31 and THAT would be all kinds of kicka$$ wouldn't it!!

6. Get rid of every plus-sized piece of clothing in my closet & dresser.
  • fishlover888
    fishlover888 Posts: 132
    Options
    Happy May!!

May Goals:
    1. Squat & Deadlift 150 (Current 135sq 130 deads) - Body weight baby!! Gonna hit it this month.
    2. OP 60 lbs
    3. Bench 100 lbs (cuz I like triple digits; current 85)
    4. Get the diet back under control... OK with eating more calories for increased activity, but need to decrease the junk again.
    5. Lift 3x/week, 5k training 2-3x/week, frisbee 1x/week
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    So, let's see. Based on what I know about the rest of my life for May, some reasonable goals might be:

Find maintenance calories!
    Drop 1% body fat
    Lift 11 times
    Run 7 times
    Pilates 2 times
    Carry on trying to add in morning Yoga

Weightwise, it would be nice to get to:
    Bench 30kg/65# (1.25kg increase per week) - 2013 target
    Press 22.5kg/50# (1kg increase per week)
    Squat 50kg/110# (2.5kg increase per week)
    Deadlift 63.5kg/140# (1kg increase per week) - 2013 target
    Row 35kg/77# (1.25kg increase per week) - but I might learn power cleans instead
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Wow! It is May already, wooooot!

Humph...my body fat/weight loss goals are slower than I first thought,so this month will also see me dropping some fat, hopefully to get to the desired 153 first goal. That is my priority right now.

So I am keeping on with the heavy lifting, no specific goals in mind there, other than to maintain lean mass and also be able to go for a long run once a week. So 5/3/1 still it is for 4-6 days.

Someone suggested I get even lower on my squats (ATG) before I increase the weight again, so will work on that.

Introducing some plyometrics on leg day once per week, because I have been looking at certain objects with the strong desire to jump on and off them recently...(I have these solid concreted bins all the way up a local road which I can jump on and off of and sprint between)

Try not to stop at all on next long run (that's today!)...
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hope it's ok to jump in with you all. May will be my 1st full month with SL so...

*rather than specific weight goals, just say add weight this month and keep good form to each exercise

*log food accurately and keep working on protein up & sugar down (my weak areas)

*add back cardio at least 2 days/week (Insanity vs. walk/jog vs. elliptical)

*find the right combo of all of the above to resume dropping weight/size/body fat (going the wrong way right now)

*refer back here to keep me on task
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Squats - My bodyweight! Currently at 130, my BW is ~160.
    Deadlift - 200lbs baby! currently at 165.

Keep strong with upper body lifts, losing my spotter halfway through the month. :noway:

Keep up cardio, hiking, try to get more fat off.

Continue trying to eat clean.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    My weight goals are going to be small since I'm taking deload time and starting SL again later in the month.

-Consistency in eating.
    -1hr daily walk--(I can do this at my one job since I have a lot of free time and a large room to walk laps around).
    -Other cardio twice a week and add a yoga day in once a week.
    -Weigh myself weekly on Thursday mornings since I almost never do it.
    -Continue being awesome. :wink:
  • jwcomputergirl
    jwcomputergirl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This is my very first week doing SL, and my weights are so low I'm too embarrassed to post them. So...
    My Goal for May:
    - Get my weights up high enough so I won't be too embarrassed to post them for June!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm a noob. I just started on the 21st of April and will do session 6 tonight.
    I really need to nail down my form on my squat even though it's tempting to test how heavy I can go!
    Also, I would love to be able to DL my body-weight (135 pounds). I'm set to DL 125 pounds tonight. I'm a little nervous about it...
  • suznut8
    suznut8 Posts: 28
    Options
    My goals for this month are:

Squat: 160lb
    Deadlift: 200lb - I've done this at 1RM but i want 3/5 sets :)
    OHP: 71lbs
    Bench: 88lbs
    Rows: 90lbs

Here's hoping!
  • sraffel
    sraffel Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Current weights:
    Squat - 70
    Bench - 55
    Row - 70
    OHP - 50
    Deadlift - 70

Goals for May:
    1. Keep steadily increasing the weights. Just started and want to find my max, though I'm not sure where that will be so I'm going to be lame and not give concrete numbers.
    2. Rein in nutrition to lose BF%. Been a little lax with logging though protein has been good. Started a new job where I'm on my feet. Between that and SL5x5, have been hungrier. Need to refigure TDEE, possibly add additional protein shake on lift days.
    3. Form for rows and bench: work on pulling a little lower into the chest on both, keeping back arched on bench. Beg someone to take pics.