What's for Dinner Tonight?

Options
GabyBaby916
GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
Fridays in my house are what we call "Fast Food Friday".
I grab my teens' choice of fast food on the way home and they get to chow down on their junk for the week.

Hubby and I, though, will have our own version of "junk food" tonight.
Our dinner will be wasabi salmon burgers with a side of turnip "fries".

What's on your low carb dinner plate for tonight?

Replies

• tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm flying solo for dinner, so I'm toying with the idea of using the Muffin in a Minute (savory version) and making it in the rectangular shape like bread, then topping with a tuna, mayo, diced onion and celery mixture, a slice of cheddar, and grilling...low carb tuna melt. :-) Probably a salad, too...if I don't do that for lunch.

Tomorrow night is the one I'm really looking forward to. One of two nights of the week that my honey and I get to enjoy an evening meal together, due to work schedules. Making grilled rib eye (rare) and lobster tails dipped in butter, and asparagus with hollandaise.

Mmmmmmmm...who needs that other stuff when we can enjoy food like this?!?
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    Who needs that other junk, indeed!!

By the way...what time should I crash your dinner party tomorrow? Grilled rib eye (medium for me please) and lobster sounds DIVINE!!!!!!!
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Crustless spinach quiche, which I had for breakfast as well.

Speaking of MIM's, I recently stumbled upon a similar recipe for a one minute microwave cheese cake. You use cream cheese, sour cream, one egg, vanilla, splenda or stevia, and a squeeze of lemon juice. You microwave it (for more like 2 minutes) then refrigerate until chilled. I topped mine with a couple slices of fresh strawberry and some sugar free strawberry jello. SOOOO GOOOD!
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    Crustless spinach quiche, which I had for breakfast as well.

Speaking of MIM's, I recently stumbled upon a similar recipe for a one minute microwave cheese cake. You use cream cheese, sour cream, one egg, vanilla, splenda or stevia, and a squeeze of lemon juice. You microwave it (for more like 2 minutes) then refrigerate until chilled. I topped mine with a couple slices of fresh strawberry and some sugar free strawberry jello. SOOOO GOOOD!
    Ooh!! New recipe! Can you post the recipe with the amounts of each ingredient? This sounds right up my alley! :smile:
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Chili! Which is just meat & veggies, no beans. :P

Though I might have to try a MIM to use as "cornbread", mmm.
  • tru2one
    Options
    Who needs that other junk, indeed!!

By the way...what time should I crash your dinner party tomorrow? Grilled rib eye (medium for me please) and lobster sounds DIVINE!!!!!!!

Tell ya what...I'll make you a to-go plate. :smile: I usually have an open table policy, but tomorrow night I'm even kicking my son out for the evening. :wink:
  • tru2one
    Options
    Ooh!! New recipe! Can you post the recipe with the amounts of each ingredient? This sounds right up my alley! :smile:

Yes, please post apprx. amounts of cream cheese and sour cream. I love low carb cheesecake on occasion (especially with fresh strawberries coming in season soon here in the Pacific NW) but I hate making the time to do the whole bake-it-in-the-oven recipe.

Not to mention it's dangerous to have a whole cheesecake in the fridge at one time. lol
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    Tell ya what...I'll make you a to-go plate. :smile: I usually have an open table policy, but tomorrow night I'm even kicking my son out for the evening. :wink:

I'm with ya on the "kicking son out for the evening", hehehe. Every couple needs a date night...without the kids around! :smile:
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon, salad, broccoli.

And my reward is a diet cherry coke and maybe some chocolate Arctic Zero frozen whey protein. Yum!
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is eating VERY well tonight! :smile:
  • JanetLynnJudy
    JanetLynnJudy Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I got home from work and we decided to catch the 6:30 showing of Iron Man 3 so we had to grab something fast. We got a Hardee's Thickburger with a lettuce wrap instead of bun. It was good, but not as exciting as the other dinners here!

I'm excited that I will be visiting my parents this weekend and they have loads of fresh asparagus I can take home and I usually also stock up on other home canned and vacuum packed frozen goodies from their garden until we can harvest the fresh stuff again. They also have rhubarb ready right now, but I'm not sure if there is a low carb way to prepare that. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Minute Microwave Cheesecake

2 ounces cream cheese, softened
    2 Tbsp sour cream
    1 egg
    ½ tsp lemon juice
    ¼ tsp vanilla
    2-4 Tbsp sugar replacement sub (taste as you go)

Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high heat for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds incorporating all ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.

I cooked mine for more like 2 1/2 minutes, maybe because my cream cheese was still a little cold. I topped it with some already set sugar free strawberry jello before refrigerating the cheesecake. It melted the jello a bit, but when the whole thing was chilled the jello reset and was deliciously fused to the cheesecake. This doesn't have a crust.
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks!!!