mini binge planned before a detox, is this ok?

know1seep
know1seep Posts: 55 Member
finished exams. to celebrate, i had some fast food after an alcohol fuelled night out. tomorrow to celebrate i am going to have chocloate pancakes with choclate sauce, basically a whole lot of chocolate. after that i am going to do a month long detox: no wheat, no dairy, no meat, 2 24 hr fasts a week. is this ok? feel bad about the mini binge but if its planned i figure its not tooo bad

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    For somene with binge issues, I think cutting out so many foods for a month is asking for trouble and is not necessary,
  • yoshna
    yoshna Posts: 69
    Two 24hr fasts a week and cutting all of those types of foods out at the same time will make you binge, especially if you're already prone to it. Why are you doing those things?

You need to be kind to yourself, and to your body! I used to do the same thing - I'd say 'OK, tonight/this week/this month I'll eat whatever I want and then tomorrow/next week/next month I'll totally cut back to almost nothing and lose weight really fast, so it doesn't matter'. It was never true. I'd go a few days or a couple of weeks at the very most, and then binge again and feel terrible. The ONLY way I've been able to start overcoming this (and I've lost 10lbs in less than two months, so it does really work) is by eating healthily; eating at least 1500 (usually closer to 1800) calories per day and eating back exercise calories, and eating good, nourishing food that gives my body the fuel to function properly - including giving my brain enough nourishment so that I don't have to be constantly thinking about wanting to eat.

I know it's so, so hard, but please try to take care of yourself and treat your body with respect. You deserve it. And you will lose weight and keep it off if you change your relationship with food, rather than restricting and damaging your body and binging and going up and down in weight all the time. I know if it's set in your head that this is what you want to do, there's almost nothing anyone can say to change that. I've been there (like I said, I was there less than 2 months ago, so I'm still very much in the process). But your 'detox' won't make you feel good, and taking care of your body will.

xx
  • Pfgirl2006
    Pfgirl2006 Posts: 9
    My problem is always I can cut things out temporarily but if I eat a little bit again I'll remember who awesome it tastes and binge. Is there s specific reason? I know people who do diets like that for allergies otherwise if you don't plan on eating like that forever I wouldn't do it