Phase 1/Week 1

Options
Goddaessa
Goddaessa Posts: 10 Member
I started South Beach Phase 1 on April first. So far I've lost 6.6 lbs. This is the most success I've had during this phase. I attribute it to strenuous exercise I perform as a compliment and a sinus infection which really killed my appetite. So my diet has been low carb low fat and low calorie. I'm doing a 30 day Bikram Challenge (Very hot yoga) which burns 700-800 calories per session.

I've limited read meat as well. I make a batch of broiled chicken breasts and steamed veggies on the weekends and I bring it with me for lunch during the week. It's also convenient when Im too drained from Bikram to cook. When I want something more tasty, I'll get a salad with blackened salmon or a steak or ribs (without bbq sauce).

I'm really missing fruit right now. I pop green tea mints when I have a craving for sweets or fruit. They are not overly sweet but they kill the craving and 3 mints are the same a cup of green tea. Or sometimes when it's convenient I just drink some green tea. There's something refreshing about it that provides something of what Im craving from fruit.

Replies

• bolins95
    bolins95 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am on day 10 of SBD and I have lost 11 lbs! Its amazing at the transformation my body is undergoing! I haven't even started to exercise yet, I feel great! I hope to continue to lose weight!