Gaining with increased calories during Maintenance

Hello
Is there anybody out there, doing weight maintenance? Or trying to up your daily calories intake? I got a couple of question here.
1. Should I up gradually or immediately? How much if gradually?
2. Weight gain - is it common to see 2-4 lbs or more gain within a week? How long does it last? Will I lose back to my targeted weight by eating maintenance calories goal? *with exercises included*

My current profile data
Weight: 121 lbs (targeted and reached 116 last week)
Height: 5.5"
Exercise: total 450 calories burn per week, 3-4 times 30mins exercise routines per week

Perviously, I was with 1730 calories goal and I just reduced my calories which stated as below:
Calories: Using 31 year old, 121 lb, 168cm
Hours: 8 hr rest, 15 hr Very Light, 1 hr exercise
BMR: 1345
NEAT: 505
TDEE: 1850 - 10% deficit
This week calories is 1650

Protein: 99.22g : 24.05% (25%)
Fats: 42.35g : 23.1% (25%)
Carbs: 206.25g : 50%

I am sticking within my protein, fats and carbs. And never fall less than 1200 calories after work out.

Is there anything wrong with my diet? :cry: :brokenheart: Please help me. Thank you in advance. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    What are your goals?
  • LadyPoni
    LadyPoni Posts: 20
    What are your goals?

Hi sara

I wanted to maintain my weight, without having any deficit calories. Seems that I am losing about 1lb with 1650 calories, where I gained with 1750 maintainence calories. I just started to up them last 2 weeks ago, kinda upset with the gain. So I am hoping to hear some feedbacks or advises, if I am doing right? Or is it normal to see some weight gain initially before it stabilize. Anybody ever stopped counting calories and still maintain? As more or less, we know the calories figures well after so long.

Thanks in advance.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Tagging to read.
  • Sarauk2sf
    You appear to have been only logging here since the middle of March and have not been above an average of about 1,450 in any week during that time. Last week you averaged 1,407 according to your diary. I have to admit I am a little confused regarding the 1,650 and 1,750 intake numbers and how they reconcile to your diary.

How accurately are you measuring and recording your food? Do you use a digital food scale and log everything including condiments?

For your height and weight, I would expect you to lose on 1,400 calories a day.

When did you gain the weight? Over what period. If you can let us know what your weight has done each week for the last 4 weeks it would be helpful.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Locking so we can keep track of active threads. If you wish for the thread to be unlocked so you can respond to the questions posed, please feel free to PM either myself or SideSteel, including a link to this thread and we will unlock it so you can.
This discussion has been closed.