Today was my first official 5k

Options
I ran my first 5k after finishing the program mid April. It was warm! And I wasn´t expecting that many people.
I had to walk some minutes, especially during and after the steep hill in the beginning. But yeah, I did it!
I ran with my 16year old son and my 13year old daughter and my goal was under 40 minutes. I did it in 35.47minutes. My daughter was 10seconds quicker and my son 5 seconds quicker. :)

I never thought I would have such a great time. But there were so many fast runners, it was incredible. They kind of pulled me along. I played all the mental games and after the finish line I was physically and mentally exhausted.

I think I will sleep like a rock tonight. :)

Replies

• Veslus
    Veslus Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Great job!
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You must feel amazing.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Your post has given me such a lift as I'm due to run my first 5K tomorrow in Munich. I'm so excited, and nervous as I normally run alone so running with a crowd is going to be interesting.

Well done to you and your children for being winners together. Great time too.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Great job! Remember, don't stop there. Keep going and keep doing more and more.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! That's a great time. Congrats!!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great times and very cool that your kids did it with you.

I've downloaded the app and may get up the nerve to try it this week when I'm off work.
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    So so happy for you!!!! How wonderful that your kids ran too! My first race has been delayed but I can't wait to have that experience!! Sleep well!!! You earned it! :-)
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wooo hooo!!! Congrats!
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    massive congrats!!!!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Thank you all and be sure: You all can do it! Just stick with it!

Got the official time via text yesterday, so my daughter was 20 seconds faster and my son 1! second faster, He is soooooo proud of that. :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic! Good going!