Show some love

EponaBlue
EponaBlue Posts: 96 Member
...for your favorite local beer bar or brewery! A couple nights a week you'll find me over at my favorite, Papago Brewing Co. They have a few of their own tasty beers, a case of 500 bottled beers from around the world, and a 30 tap rotating draft beer selection heavy on hops and seasonal craft beers. They always have something new for me to try. There are friendly and interesting staff and regulars to talk to. And this is a beer bar, all beer with a couple of wines and no liquor. Luckily for me, they happen to be in walking distance from my home. If youre ever in the Phoenix area I highly recommend you check it out. :drinker:

So how about you? What makes your favorite watering hole special?

Replies

• EponaBlue
    Here's todays tap list as an example. Anything you'd wanna try??

1 Joseph James Henderson, NV Hop Box Imperial IPA
    2 Angry Orchard Cincinnati, OH Crisp Apple Cider
    3 Lumberyard Flagstaff, AZ Hefeweizen Hefeweizen
    4 Brouwerij Van Honsebrouk Ingelmunster, Belgium Kasteel Rouge Belgian Cherry Ale $$
    5 SanTan Brewing Chandler, AZ Hopshock India Pale Ale
    6 Abita Abita Springs, LA Spring IPA India Pale Ale
    7 Alaskan Juneau, AK Alaskan Amber Altbier
    8 Papago Brewing Scottsdale, AZ El Robusto American Black Ale
    9 Ballast Point San Diego, CA Big Eye India Pale Ale $
    10 Ale Industries Concord, CA Uncle Jesse Extra Pale Ale $
    11 Dave's Electric Brewpub Bisbee, AZ Industrial Pale Pale Ale
    12 Alken-Maes Alken, Belgium Maes Pilsener Pilsener
    13 Odell Ft. Collins, CO Tree Shaker Imperial Peach IPA $$
    14 Bells Brewing Kalamazoo, MI Java Stout Coffee Stout $
    15 Breckenridge Denver, CO Summerbright Wheat Ale
    16 Ale Industries Concord, CA Golden State of Mind Belgian Style Witbier $
    17 Papago Brewing Scottsdale, AZ Elsie's Irish Coffee Milk Stout
    18 North Coast Fort Bragg, CA Barrel Aged Old Rasputin Imperial Stout $$
    19 Borderlands Tucson, AZ La Morena Brown Ale
    20 Odell Brewing Fort Collins, CO Lugene Imperial Chocolate Stout $
    21 Odell Brewing Fort Collins, CO Red Ale Amber Ale
    22 Papago Brewing Scottsdale, AZ Orange Blossom Vanilla Mandarin Wheat Ale
    23 Lagunitas Petaluma, CA Undercover Shutdown American Strong Ale
    24 Lagunitas Petaluma, CA Wilco Tango Foxtrot Brown Ale
    25 Black Diamond Concord, CA Rampage Imperial IPA $
    26 Papago Brewing Scottsdale, AZ Oude Zuipers Belgian Strong Ale $
    27 Firestone Walker Paso Robles, CA Wookie Jack Black IPA $
    28 Epic Brewing Salt Lake City, UT Brainless On Cherries Belgian Style Fruit Ale $$
    29 Left Hand Longmont, CO Sawtooth English Style ESB
    30 Odell Brewing*** Fort Collins, CO Cutthroat Porter Porter
    Cask Epic Brewing Salt Lake City, UT Spiral Jetty Dry Hopped IPA
  • artratt
    artratt Posts: 7 Member
    My favorite local Brewery is King St Brewing. They're up here in Anchorage (on King St. strange enough ;-] ) they use a specific yeast for each of their five standard brews, rather than just a house yeast for everything. It really makes each beer special. They also do "brewers blends" where they blend certain beers together, meaning their Black IPA is actually 1/3 Stout and 2/3 IPA. Also, they let the Brewclub hold it's board meetings in the back; all the breweries in this town are supportive of the homebrew community, but they're special.
  • BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    My local brewery and regular hang-out is... Odd Side Ales. Here's their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/oddsideales

They are consistently good brews, and the atmosphere is friendly and inviting. I have become friends with the owner / brewer and even help him out with things. (Just helped him install a few security cameras just this weekend.) and have helped serve for him at a couple different beer festivals... Odd Side Ales is like my Cheers, and I like to think of myself as their Norm. ;-)

Of course I'm doing my best not to actually look like Norm. ;-)

As it is only 4 miles from my front door to their's... A nice brisk walk or a bike ride has me there in no time and I burn calories getting there which allows me a couple more of those tasty beers. :-)
  • Kattamer81
    Kattamer81 Posts: 90
    I've had and love many of those. Some of my favorite breweries of all time are:

Bells
    Pyramid
    Sweetwater
    Highland
    Angry Orchard
    Woodchuck
    Sam Adams
    Abita

I live in Beer City USA, Asheville, NC. I love Pisgah, Greenman, French Broad Brewing, The Wedge...but most of all I love our newest brewery: Wicked Weed!! Amazing and diverse beers. I always have room in my macros for good beer. :)
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    My favorite place is my local pub in Shelby Ohio. They have over 200 craft beers , and are starting to carry top shelf scotches, Tequila , and Bourbon, They also do food and beer pairing , its a really special place to me. My hubby (future Cisorone lol) works there as bar tender. Its not a big chain , and they are like family ..I love enjoying a brew out on the patio with good friends , and acoustic music every now and then
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    My favorite bar and #1 hangout is Burnhearts in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Only 24 tap beers but they do an amazing job with them as they often have several taps filled with beers I never see anywhere else. Tonight they'll be tapping Founders Doom!! Friendly staff, decent prices and while they don't serve food, you can bring in your own food. There's a place down the road called Sugar Maple which has 60 taps but never anything very rare and the atmosphere and sub-par service has irked me a lot lately.

I suppose I should give a shout out Stubby's too. 53 beers on tap, great service and excellent food. I'm a member of their club and when I reach unique 53 beers I get a $53 gift card. Only 15 more to go!
  • leejusd
    leejusd Posts: 81
    The Fort George Brewery in Astoria, Oregon is a great one. www.fortgeorgebrewery.com

Bodega Brew Pub in La Crosse, WI has 400+ beers on hand. They don't brew any, but they'll have some you've never heard of.
    http://www.bodegabrewpublax.com
  • EponaBlue
    I love that there are still so many breweries I've never heard of! There will always be something new to try. Tonight my bar has a representative from Bell's so I will be partaking of some of those. :drinker: